OK, so it took a LITTLE longer than I anticipated to get back to this whole BLOG thing...
I was very busy though! I went to Texas, unpacked just long enough to wash all my cute non-kid clothes and repack them, went to Monterey for the best most romantic wonderful weekend of my life, came back to Turkey WEEK, cleaned and had company Monday, play dates Tuesday and Wednesday, shopped and cooked for Turkey DAY, cooked more, CLEANED LIKE A MUTHA after all these fools up in my house, had some chicks over for drinks, started Christmas shopping, decided to NEVER drag my husband out for shopping AGAIN, cleaned the couches and the carpet, and other random things youcouldcarelessabout :-D
So we shall start from the beginning, of where I left off anyway. Monday, October 30th we FIN-DAMN-LY painted our pumpkins!
We decided this year that carving was just way to messy and complicated for our big little family. So we collected some paint and pumpkins and went to town!
LittleMAN painted his and I took this picture just before he left Tuesday morning. He was with his mom this year for Halloween so he wasn't able to go with us.
This wasn't actually Terrible Two's pumpkin, it's mine, but she was LESS than cooperative so I just took the damn picture...weird I KNOW! She was a soft cozy little monkey this year.
Princes was a Spider Witch this year and also painted a cute little witch on her pumpkin.
Boss was a Buckaneer {or whatever} this year and she painted a bat and 'Happy Halloween'.
Our pumpkins ended up SO CUTE! Do you love the hay bale? I thought it really said "FALL" ;-)
Halloween was so freakin fun this year! It was our first year in the new neighborhood, and it's a great neighborhood so we were all super excited! Terrible Two REALLY picked up on what was going on this year too! She RAN up to the doors, pushed her sisters out of the way, and SCREAMED 'TRK-R-TREA!" Then if they let her take candy, she was taking 2 and 3 HANDFULS! Then she RAN back down the sidewalk and yelled "PANK YOU!" SEVERAL times. It was so cute, I just can't explain it. I wished so badly I had a video camera! There was just this sound in her voice and this joy that it special to 2 year olds I think. Then I started thinking about how this will be the last 2 year old I ever have so I won't ever hear that from another one of my kids again. THEN I started thinking about how old my kids are getting and blah blah blah and WOW I totally just brought all {3} of you down didn't I?! :-D
The following weekend we only had Terrible Two so we took a trip up to our winery in the foothills to pick up our 2 or 3 shipments - it takes a WHILE to get there so we can't go too often, but when we do it's always so much fun. We did our wine tasting, grabbed our bottles and decided to sit a spell. They had a little lawn area all enclosed so Terrible had a great time running from one end to the other while we sat and enjoyed a glass.
They are just too freakin cute...
But do *I* get that kind of cuteassohiloveyoumommyireallydo kinda picture...that would be a no...
Then I just took a few shots trying to find a good one for DH to paint for my dinning room. The place is just so beautiful! The whole area that surrounds it is just rolling hills covered in vineyards. In this area there are like 30 wineries! We usually only make it to 1, MAYBE 2! I'm also now on a hunt to find the perfect pictures to print out and display in our house.
As you can see, I have quite a bit to use for inspiration! That's one of the things I love so much about living in California. It's just stunning sometimes the beauty that surrounds me. I love so much that my wonderful husband feels the same way I do and that we take little trips, and BIG ONES, and love discovering how amazing California is. OH and this is NOTHING compared to our Monterey pics! {coming to a post bear you soon!} I just love the idea of decorating my house with pictures that are personal, places we've been, stories we have. It just makes me happy :-D I love how 2 of my BFFs have their houses decorated with pictures and frames and stuff and I am TOTALLY copying them :-D
Ok well, that's it for me tonight! I have SO MUCH MORE to come though! Texas and Monterey and Thanksgiving - OH MY! Thanks for dropping by!
TNT!
Labels: My Family, My Holidays, My PICTURES
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
November 24, 2007 at 9:11 PMHi, over here - I'm still here! ;) Cute pics from Halloween - love the hay bail & pumpkins. The winery is beautiful & I love the cuteassohiloveyoudaddyireallydo picture, sorry you didn't get yours. The second photo with the close up of the leaves & the hills in the background - SO pretty. I just know your dh could make you a beautiful piece of art using that as inspiration. I think printing & framing pictures of your places & memories is a great idea that I'll have to copy from you. Looking forward to the next post with more photos!