HEY Sunday Scrappers! Well it's been awhile since I scrapped/posted so I thought I would share a little photo essay on WHY.

A few weeks back a friend of mine decided that since she is now pregnant with her second child and already has no time to scrap traditionaly, that she wanted to move into digital scrapping. She still had quite a few pictures printed out and was feeling pretty overwhelmed thinking about scrapping them all.

I tried to help her feel better about it, but she ended up deciding to give it up.

Then she made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Scrap her remaining pictures in exchange for ALL HER SCRAPPY STUFF.

Needless to say, I was a little excited ;-) I figured it would be a bunch of stuff, having scrapped with her before, but I really had NO IDEA.

I got a gigantic tub, TWO rolling totes FULL, and TWO paper seperaters FULL

Included in the tub were THREE seperaters FULL of brads/flowers/buttons/eyelets

TONS of fibers and ribbons

TWO of these full of pattern papers


and a HUGE tub full of albums, tools, a handheld sewing machine and


A LOT of stickers & embelishments! An assortment of ribbon, flowers, jolees, stickers, frames and just STUFF that filled up the end of my table about 3 layers high. You name it, she had it.

I had NO IDEA how much until I started trying to organize it. It became quite the task over the last 3 weeks but I got it under control, and while my husband was working out of town last week, I FINALLY started using it!

I SO wish I could share the EIGHT pages I got done with you all, but since it's *her* family I'm just not sure I should put it out on the internetz for all to see, you know what I mean.

My TO-DOs for the week are to scrap more while the hubs is gone Tuesday and Wednesday. I really want to get her stuff DONE so I can stop feeling like I owe her. I made a good dent in it with my EIGHT pages :-D but there is still so MUCH to do!

Click HERE for more chicks Sunday Scrappin!

7 Comments:

  1. ChrissyM said...
    Wow that is awesome! Looks like you got a lot of wonderful goodies. Have fun playing and organizing! I understand what you mean about not putting "her" family on the web.
    Christine Duff said...
    WOW! What a haul! Have a great week!
    Rebecca said...
    HOLY COW girl! I knew it was a lot but dang, you've got a whole store right there in your house - between the stuff you had & the stuff you got. 8 pages - w00t! Great job & maybe I'll get some scrappy inspiration this week too. :)
    Forgetfulone said...
    Oh my gosh! That is so much fun stuff! Lucky you. Now, you've got some organizing to do, I bet.
    Melanie H said...
    What a deal, that is massive. lol

    Hope you have a good week and you get to scrap too.
    Anonymous said...
    I've got 15 gazillion pregnant friends at the moment...how come none of them have done THAT?? LOL. That is so cool. I guess this way your friend will actually have room for the baby in the house! :-) I'm inspired just by looking at your haul!
    Veggiemomof2 said...
    That's what I should do...trade someone..u do my pages, i'll give u my supplies.

    I am switching to Digital scrapbooking too. I get so overwhelmed w/all the "stuff" for traditional scrapbooking & I just don't have room to spread it out & dig in.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.