So ... Day 6.
*Ya know, I never thought I would be one of those moms who had nothing better to talk about than potty training ... but in the last week it seems I have become one.*
We've gone 3 days without a peepee accident. I know, BIG YAY and all, but that's only because I remind her every 30-45 minutes to go potty. She hasn't yet told ME that she needed to go.
And maybe that's only because I haven't given her the chance?
At the same time as our celebration at no wet foot prints down the hall, I must also say that we have any where from 3-6 poopy/*sharty panties every. day. *shart = fart + sh*t* in case you weren't aware ;-)
And when I say we ... I mean ... SHE ... to be clear lol.
I'm just at a loss. Part of me keeps thinking there's something wrong. With her, with her system, with her making the connections. I just keep thinking she should be GETTING it by now when she just doesn't SEEM to be.
And maybe that's because it's only been 6 days?
I just don't know anymore. I just know that it's starting to consume my every waking MOMENT and THAT bothers me.
People also bother me. And so do bees. But let's get back to people.
I understand that when I whine and complain about my trouble with all of this CRAP (lol) that {somewhat} well meaning people feel the need to give me all the unwanted advice I can handle. And I'm *NOT* talking about *YOU* lovely ladies :)
Mostly I'm talking about these mommy group people. They all have 2-3 year olds right now which means that those who have successfully potty trained their first child think that they now hold the key to good parenting. That because they were able to potty train THEIR child at 2 in 2 weeks that they know EXACTLY what YOU are doing wrong. And they have NO PROBLEM telling you what that is.
It takes EVERYTHING in me not to say "I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE YOU FREAKING PEOPLE I @#$%ING KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!!! IT'S NOT MY FAULT THIS CHILD IS ... DIFFERENT"
*Again, I'm NOT talking about you lovely ladies because I know you all mean well and aren't just tooting your own horn just to hear yourself toot.*
Anyway. So I guess I just need to get all that off my chest. It's been a long. LONG. 6 days.
Labels: My Family, My Venting
2 Comments:
-
- Rebecca said...
June 27, 2009 at 3:44 PMGlad you got that off of your chest. I hope you keep seeing progress!- Anonymous said...
June 27, 2009 at 4:30 PMi know it's a pain in da bootay. and i will make sure NOT to give u ANY advice since we know EXACTLY how you feel about that. lol. ya kno what tho? some kids just. take. longer.