So this year things are tight. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that.
At first I thought about doing the cheap and easy Christmas card thing and just getting the photo cards at Walmart or something.
In September I was already thinking about the photo, in fact. I knew things would be tight and I knew I wasn't going to drag the whole fam damily down to the photo studio this year. So while we were at the beach I told my hubs "If we can get a good picture that is CARD WORTHY ... I won't make you go to JCPenney this year."
I've never seen that man move so fast in my life LOL
So we got the perfect picture. And as I toyed with the idea of photo cards, like almost everyone else I know does, it kinda made me sad. One thing I always do, no matter what kind of card I do, is leave a personalized message. It's important to me to take the time and tell people I care about them.
So I threw the photo card idea out at my hubs because I knew it would be fairly cheap and he said "But you like writing stuff on em right? And you can't do that with those cards, right? Well ... that's just not you. I think you should do what makes YOU happy." He can be so wise sometimes :)
So I went a step further. I created all 30 of my Christmas Cards and I just LOVE them!This is the front of most of the cards. I varied between this burgundy color and a forest green color.
The backside I put a Christmas pattern paper and layered and inked a beige piece of cardstock for the inscription area. Then I cut a small piece of the cards stock, inked it, wrote my Merry Christmas line, and added a Christmas Tree brad to finish it off :)
I have a LOT of Christmas papers ...
Like a REALLY lot ... LOL
In fact, doing 30 cards barely even made a noticeable dent ...
I made all of the cards just a little bit different, these are just a few of them ...
Some of the cards even have the pattern paper on the front
And the solid on the back. I REALLY love how all of them came out and I can't WAIT to get them in the mail. I was pleasantly suprised at how quick they were to make and how CHEAP! All I had to buy were the photos, which I would have anyway, and the beige card stock which actually came with the envelopes. SO for 30 cards I think I spent $10 total :) Pretty good ifIdosaysomyself :D
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! and for more Card crafters check out Sunday Scrappin!
Labels: My Holidays, My Scrapbooking Addiction
3 Comments:
-
- Rebecca said...
November 29, 2009 at 10:38 AMYour cards came out great! I love that you did them front & back. LOVE the picture - so your family! And I love all of the papers you used. What a creative way to incorporate your picture & note without going over budget. Can't wait to get mine :)- Christine Duff said...
November 29, 2009 at 12:21 PMLove your photo and your cards! What a great idea - doing your own photo cards. And to use up some scrapbook stash! Good job!- Veggiemomof2 said...
December 1, 2009 at 1:31 PMBeautiful! I send out 60+, so the thought of scrapping them is overwhelming. But I did personalize them this year.