This year everything changes. Back to that in a moment ... lol

The first day of school here was Wednesday.

The morning got off to a ROUGH start. There was much snapping and arguing and whining and complaining and then the kids got up. lol

It was SO busy around here that between finding we had no cereal for breakfast, making lunches, curling hair, straightening other hair, fighting about outfits and school appropriate shoes, getting myself picture ready, taking pictures, and trying to leave the house at 7:20 IN THE MORNING ... I didn't even get a DROP off coffee!

But we MADE IT. We got out of the house ON TIME and with all of our school needs intact. THAT, my friends, is a WIN in my book :) I even remembered to take pictures :D

Flower Child looked SO pretty with her hair curled and she was SO happy and excited and just felt beautiful :) So the 25 minutes of curling said hair was worth it ;)

And Lil Miss look SO super cute and was also very excited! I have heard some not-to-nice things about her teacher so I was FREAKING OUT when we went in the classroom :-/ She seems nice enough though, so the jury is still out. I may, or may not, be making some Lemon Pound Cake to try and sweeten her feeling toward us ;)

And then she ran off to join her peeps :) She couldn't have been happier and I couldn't have been more proud :)

So I took myself to Starbucks and sat and read a book ... for a LOOOONG time :) and then I went to a thrift store looking at nothing in particular ...

and then the Hubs and I met for lunch :) and didn't worry about the time because I now have SIX WHOOOOOLE HOURS EVERY DAY TO MYSELF :) That's right, the BEST YEAR EVERY IS FINALLY HERE!!! All of my kids are in school ALL DAY!!!! I have put in 14 YEARS of parenting and I've now reached that GOLDEN AGE where they are in school and I have SIX WHOLE HOURS EVERYDAY to remember who I am and what *I* like, apart from my children. It's amazing ... and a little scary, to be honest. But that, is a post for another day ;)

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Lil' Miss is adorable! They all are. Yay for a new year. =]
    Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...
    Thanks :) I thought she looked SO FREAKIN CUTE in that skirt!! Target actually had some cute stuff ;) I LOVED the curls on FC though, totally worth the 30{ish} minutes it took to do them LOL

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.