Today we had MORE HIGH SCHOOL activities to attend.
They couldn't just throw it all together in one day ... noooooo no. They had to stretch all the FUN over TWO days.
Today was registration. Which is where you stand in line for 20 hours, sign away your first born, pick up YOUR WEIGHT in books, and take your HIGH SCHOOL YEAR BOOK PICTURE.
All of those things are just FRAUGHT with drama, let me tell you.
First thing today we went to the library because I am keeping them funded with my late fees. Then I took Teen to get her hair done :) She is now at the stage where she need a REAL hair dresser. Her hair is crazy. It has a mind of it's own. It is a teenager without all the sweetness. So we went to my girl, Tiff.
Teen got washed, cut, thinned, dried, and straightened and OH.MY.WORD. ...She looked BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE her hair!! It took 30 minutes JUST of straightening, but WOW did it look great! And it's so soft! BEAUTIFUL :)
But according to her, I'm her mom and it's like I get paid to say that ;) LOLThen we celebrated with overly salty fries :)
And a little drama from Lil Miss who just seemed to be out of sorts today :-/ which was such a JOY during the registration TRAMA let me tell you ...
At the registration we stood in line, stood in ANOTHER line, AND THEN ANOTHER LINE, FINALLY got her picture taken (WHICH SHE HATED), stood in a smaller line just to have some chick tell us we were in the WRONG LINE, picked up a stack of books that LOOKING AT made me tired, and FINALLY got her schedule :) Then she texted all her friends to see what they had as we wandered around the campus. We found her locker and I taught her how to open it, then we walked her classes and located all of the MANY buildings she needed to be aware of.It's funny because it doesn't make me sad at how old she's getting. I LOVE this stage! I LOVE her personality and I LOVE being able to really enjoy her as a person :) But I must admit it was a little weird to see her amongst all these other HIGH SCHOOLERS. Partly, because I can see how next year she probably won't need me to walk her around or even come with her. That's just a weird thought. Good, because it means I'm raising her to be independent and be able to handle her stuff without me. But MEH because it's one less thing she needs me for.
Another strange thing, seeing her with THOSE PEOPLE. When she's with me, she doesn't seem so ... TEENAGE. She's just who she is. But around those HIGH SCHOOLERS ... she's ... different. She's ... ONE OF THEM! And I gotta admit, THAT scares me more than anything else :-/
Labels: My Drama, My Family, My PICTURES