Well the kids are all in bed and DH is at a hockey game with work people so I guess I have a little time on my hands...whatever shall I do? Clean up - NAH! Laundry - NOPE! Sleep - LATER! Waste time on the damn computer - SOUNDS GREAT! ;-)

This was at our holiday party. I made his moms famous pumpkin pie and told him I needed a picture of him enjoying it like it was the first time. Everybody looked at me like I'd been tippin back the wine in the back room or something. The reason was that I had made the pie originally for Thanksgiving because we spent it in LA with my aunt and uncle. He made the comment some time before that "it just ain't Thanksgiving without my moms pumpkin pie". So I secretly got the recipe from her and took all the ingredients with me. He never had a clue until he came looking for me that morning and weirdly found me in the kitchen! He saw me with a big ol bowl in hand and spices around me and guessed that I was up to something! It was cute though...he was very suprised and loved it. BUT I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE. Yes . . . I wanted a pic of him enjoying the pie for me scrapbook :-/ So at the holiday party I kept bugging him to let me get a good picture and I missed it! So I made him get a second piece and told him "and look like you like it damn it!" - this pic is of him telling me in a very pitiful little voice "but I don't WANT any more pie! I feel sick" - but i got the pic didn't I >:-)

I turned the ripe old age of 29 this year. My mom watched all four kids for us so we could go out and have a nice dinner just the two of us even though it was a Monday. We were going to go to my fav place Rosewood but they just opened this new brewery here in town that was supposed to have just awesome food and drinks. Well - they were ok. A little pricey and the food was eh. The drinks were POWERFUL though! I wasn't even knee deep into my 'pomegranate martini' when I started feeling pretty goooooooood . . . and the 'holiday martini' sealed the deal! I tried it just becase it had white chocolate liquer in it but all I could taste was the courvassierre (SP?) man! WHEW! It was funny cause I was tipsy and DH kept saying "You're so cute when you drink :-)" - I knew I loved him ;-) BUT OH it was so great to get that time out alone. I miss going to dinner just the two of us and sittin all cozy at the bar...sigh.

It must be the loudest toy Costco has ever made. She loved it though and is so cute pushing it around. It was weird this year. All of our older kids were with their other parents until the morning. So we didn't have any of the leaving cookies out or watching for Santa or up late wrapping gifts, which I kinda missed. Mad isn't yet at the stage where she gets excited over this kinda stuff yet or even cares. That was good in the morning though cause she didn't think twice about waiting to open presents until her brother and sisters got home - next time that could be a problem!

I still get so excited that I wake up all night long and can hardly contain myself by 6:00! So I was fine with it when she got up at 5:30. We got up, made coffee, finished a couple gifts, opened our stockings (we had to cause I put something naughty in his ;-), and left separately to get our kids. Me and Mad went to the girls' dad's house and saw Mike my ex-father-in-law. He had a plate full of cookies and a little present for the baby and a gift card for each of us! He is just the sweetest man ever. I've always felt like a real daughter to him. He's always been there for me for ANYTHING, even after the ex and I split. He joked with me one time and said "if I could I'd keep you instead!" So she got her first taste of opening presents and LOVED IT. She RIPPED into it! And loves the little Dora doll he got her.
It was funny how it looked like so much under the tree and DH said, like he does every year, "you know, you went overboard on them this year" - and yet it took NO TIME AT ALL to be reduced to a pile of paper. They had so much fun though, it was exhausting just watching them! Then Mad laid down for a nap and I did too ;-) DH started making food since the moms were about to head over. WOW - and he thought *I* went overboard! These two grammas went crazy! The kids had so much fun ripping into stuff all over again. All the stuff went out on the porch and it looked like a toy store exploded! I made both moms these BEAUTIFUL accordian albums filled with pictures of the family and again I forgot to get a picture first! They loved em though. And Mad's favorite toy was - and still is days later - a set of stacking cups :-D
The rest of the day ended up pretty crappy and all due to some drama from a friend and his wife but I don't even want to think about anymore or I will hate them more than I already do and I might let a few more explitives fly. Anywho~over all it was good and that is what I will keep telling myself until I convince myself :-)
Well I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year and I hope you all have a great time tomorrow night. We are supposed to go to DH's boss's house so I guess we'll see how that goes!
Labels: My Family, My Holidays, My Love, My PICTURES
2 Comments:
-
- Sherry said...
December 31, 2006 at 10:53 AMSee - this is way more detail than I'd ever get over the phone. I love it! Sounds like you had a great - and very eventful - Christmas. Your kids must have absolutely loved it. Can't wait to read about your New Years! I'm sure you'll have more funny stories to tell...- Anonymous said...
January 3, 2007 at 8:28 AMI'm glad you had such a great christmas. I think that was Chloe's favorite gift this year also. : ) I'll have to get the dirt on the drama next time I come down...