Well I hope you all had a good evening yesterday and are enjoying your new year. I don't usually do the whole resolution thing but I did have a good idea that I am going to start today I think. I've heard about people like Oprah I think who make a list everyday of 5 things they are thankful for. Since I seem to be doing this thing daily or close to it, that might work. Plus I think it would be a nice way to end the blog for me since some of my entries will be vents. So yeah, I think I will try that at the end of this entry since I will be venting.

Well after much debate throughout the day on whether or not to go out - we did end up going to his boss's house afterall. I don't know if DH is going through an episode right now or what but he seems to be getting more and more antisocial. He was literally freaking out yesterday at the thought of going! I was getting a little worried. He just kept saying how he hates people because everyone is fake and no one cares for each other and he hates making conversation because it's fake and on and on and ON. Mostly because of the people he works with, both co-workers and customers. I can see why that would affect him, it used to affect me too when I had to handle pissed off people all day. But DAMN! He was just loosin it. And this whole week leading up he sounded excited! Like it was going to be fun and a great time with the kids and all that.

He also says that it has to do with my HATRED (and i DONT use that term lightly) for his best friend and wife. Mostly the wife but it's becoming the friend too. Ever since Christmas Day when they came over I have just been so angry with them both I couldn't see past it. And I have felt that way before, a few months ago, and refused to be anywhere near them until he invited them for Christmas. I thought I might give it another chance - HA!

My issue is with the way they treat him. Well, I hate her completely but that was what got me the other day. Recently this guy that is supposed to be his best friend is treating him like an idiot in front of other people. When they are alone, all is well. But the last THREE times we ...

Hold on kids are freaking out for breakfast and I need some coffee to give this story justice - BRB (be right back ;-)

AHHHHHHHHHH - ok now where was I? ;-) Oh yeah I hate that big bitch...so I started noticing it at the Christmas party. When we were hanging out in their hotel room having a glass of champagne everything was great. By the time we got to the winery it was all different. Now this whole time DH is battling a VERY nasty flu bug so he is talking loud because his ears are plugged and seemed a bit whoozy cause he had taken some medicine - but he wasn't acting dumb. This guy was acting like DH was hammered! Now, I KNOW that this guy WAS drunk at the time because he told DH later that he started drinking WAY before the wife got home. Something he does all the time! He keeps rum in this truck and sneaks a shot before he goes in the house or whenever he goes out to the truck! Tell me that isn't a problem. Anyway~ We sat at the same table and from the moment they sat down, he had his back to DH THE WHOLE TIME. Everytime he tried to talk to this guy he would turn his head to the side and make some one or two word comment like "yeah" or "whatever" or "I don't care" - but with this RUDE tone of voice! My thinking is that he was trying to take the attention off of himself and how drunk he was and make it look like DH was being a drunk idiot! I know this now because I have seen it several times now. I know when this guy is drunk and I know that the wife looses her mind on him if she finds out. So I guess that is his was of self-preservation. Not the way a best friend should act. This guy talked to the boss the whole time, back to DH sitting right next to him. I was really getting pissed. I think I noticed it more than DH. Well we took our shuttle back early cause we just couldn't handle them or the kareoke anymore. The next day they were up and out and never called like they were going to about breakfast - we were going to lie to get out of it anyway but STILL! RUDE. And yet, what did HE do? We went down to his favorite brewery and got this seasonal beer that he and his friend used to get every year together. He'd missed it for the last two years so he was super excited to get there at the right time this year. So he picked up a jug to take home for this "FRIEND" of his...

Then Christmas - same thing happened. Except his wife was a bigger bitch than I've seen in a while. They were rude and disrespectful and just boarish. Everything they said to DH was condecending. They have no class at all. Too much happened that night to even try to get out - it was just terrible. So I just swore off of them for good. And yes I was pretty open about the fact that I hate this guy AND his wife now. Mostly because of the way the treat DH. Unfortunately, DH thinks it is all just the wife's fault. Which is a HUGE part of it, but you can't take away his responsiblity for the way he acts.

OH and did I mention that I hate their kid too? Well I do.

Anyway I guess I was laying it on pretty thick when DH let me know yesterday that this was a big reason he didn't want to go to the New Years party - they were going to be there. He was all worried that I would say something or create a situation. That actually upset me because I'm sitting her thinking "Hey *I* am not the one who goes out of his way to embarrass you to save face - *I* am not the one who has no class here!" So I starting thinking about it and I guess I was being a little in his face about it.

So we get there and this hoe is all over me! She's like "OH CHRISTINE! COME HERE! HAVE SOME OF MY CHAMPANGE HAVE SOME OF MY WINE! BE MY FRIEND! GOD PLEASE, CAUSE I HAVE NONE!" - ok that last part wasn't exactly what she said - but it's true ;-) It was just weird, very fake. He and she both kept talking to me and I was being good, I was trying to give them a second chance for DH's sake like I told him I would. She tells him to take a picture of us and I was like trying not to touch her - don't want the bitch coodies to rub off ;-) But I was just feeling very weird. So I played it off and tried to enjoy myself. The baby was at home and the kids were playing with the boss's kid so all was well for a little while. Until she goes upstairs and finds that her little brat is "it" at hide and seek. She tells all the kids that they can't play that game because "he'll be sad - DONT RUN AWAY FROM HIM!" - not that HE was complaining. So then we go downstairs and DH is trying to open a bottle of cider for her kid. She keeps telling him that he's doing it wrong in a very condecending tone and then GRABS THE BOTTLE OUT OF HIS HAND and says "You're doing it WRONG. just GIVE it to me let me DO IT - EGH!" like he was some idiot or kid that doesn't know what they're doing! SHE TOOK IT OUT OF HIS HAND. I was so pissed, you don't even know. I just said "Just give it to her before she RIPS it out of your damn hand" - right before she did. A second later I said it about something else she wanted from him "Oh you better give it to her before she RIPS it out of your hand again". - Bitch

THEN - the kids come barreling down the stairs and into the front room. They were playing tag I guess, thats what the boss's kid wanted them to play. This big bitch goes running in there SCREAMING at the kids..."YOU BETTER NOT RUN! YOU BETTER NOT BE RUNNING AWAY FROM HIM! YOU KIDS BETTER KNOCK IT OFF RIGHT NOW! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT NOW!" and she was not talking to her kid - she was talking to MINE. I about LOST it on her. She was screaming! At MY kids! And she didn't even know what was going on! She just heard them running from the kitchen and ran in there screaming at them! She does this with her own kid - who i might add is ONLY 3 - all the time. She's a complete LUNATIC. I walked in after her to see what the hell was going on. They said they were playing tag cause the little girls (8) wanted to. I figured that she would know the rules of her house and the boss had already said it was all fine anyway. So I just calmly tried to tell them not to anyway because I didn't want her yelling at them - in fact I said that to them "Do you want her coming in here and yelling at you like that? NO. I don't either!" She kept saying stuff too as she walked by "You kids can't run around here like that. You can't yell like that" - she yelled louder than all of them put together. And I can understand the kids' issue. The little girl who LIVES there is telling them she wants to do this stuff and that it is ok. SHE was right, it was ok for her. So why then should they get in trouble and screamed at by some crazy lookin nut job?

She continued doing it all night long. I was at my wits end about an hour into it. Then the boss's wife wanted to play poker. I'm not that into it, neither is DH or the boss as it turns out. There was another couple there from their work too that wanted to play. So DH, the boss, and I went and played pool. Where - I might add - that bratty little bastard of their's was THROWING the pool balls onto the table and BOUNCING them off onto the floor! So we kicked him outta the room and hung out there. That was fun. The kids were playing just fine, for a little while, and we got to enjoy some adult conversation without that LUNATIC interrupting everyone. Well the whole time she and her hubby were playing poker their kid was running amok upstairs. He was being a total brat to the other kids, getting into trouble, and where was his ever doting mama? Winning.

So finally around 10 we decided to get the hell out and go home, we only got there at 8. It was just too damn stressful cause everytime we walked in the kitchen for a snack she would say something about how OUR kids were making all the noise upstairs. She also felt the need to tell EVERYONE how bad our baby is! She had a ball telling them how hard she is for us and what a trouble she is. I just didn't think I could keep my mouth shut anymore so we bailed. We got home and got the kids settled into the living room for a little camp out type deal just in time to watch the ball drop. Then we went to bed and had a glass of champange to toast the new year. May it be full of GOOD friends and GOOD times.

And do you know, I didn't take one picture. THAT is how stressed out I was. I didn't even think about. WOW I HATE THEM.

So I hope you all had a good time or at least not a terrible one. And I guess now I will start that thankful list thing...in no particular order ;-)

I am thankful that I have a loving husband.
I am thankful that I have great kids.
I am thankful that I have supportive friends.
I am thankful that I am able to stay at home with my children.
I am thankful that I started this blog!

This is pretty great for venting man!

2 Comments:

  1. Sherry said...
    I didn't have any New Year's story to tell cuz we just stayed home this year, but seems like you had enough "adventure" for both of us! Sorry you went through that though, seriously. That chick needs to relax. Love ya, girl! :)
    Anonymous said...
    Are you talking about that big, dark haired woman who thought she was all that and a bag of tater tots? Well, man oh man.... thats the pot calling the kettle black if Ive ever heard!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.