Hehe - I took this picture that last time we went through when I took all the other pics. My hubby looked at me like I done lost my mind (thats how wes tawk now round dees parts ;-) when I sat down my cup and started setting up the lighting apropriately (sp?) to get the right blur effect in the background, but I LOVE IT! Just cute and kinda funny and escentially me.
So this weekend has had me on both ends of the spectrum. I started out pretty stressed and depressed actually. I kinda freak out about money since I usually handle everything and know when things are or are not working out. Well I worked out our budget for bills once we are in the house and went back through the last two months worth of bank statements with four dif colored highlighters to seperate EXACTLY what we spend our money on. I wanted to see how much money we should have left after bills are paid vs. what we are spending NOW beyond our bills. I was a little shocked and dismayed by what I saw. Not to say that all is lost or undoable (?) but it was hard to see in all its colorful glory. I talked to DH about it later that night (thurs) and he didn't seem the least bit fased by it. Could be because I always take care of things, money wise, I always make sure we are ok and can get what it is that we need. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but that is at least one thing I can say that I am good at.
For some reason though, his little 'we can do it!' attitude just wasn't workin on me. Then Friday I was just kinda in a funk about it still, which he is now starting to take personal. He just gets all defensive if I'm not jumping up and down cause I am still thinking ahead so as to avoid any speed bumps - thats right ladies and gentlemen - I am F - U - N! ;-)
So I thought getting outta here together alone would maybe help perk me up. So we called the MIL over and had her watch the heathens and we packed up our portable chess game and headed to Marie Calendars (the place we had our first non-official date) to get a piece of cheesecake, a drink, and a little piece of mind. It was nice, the cheesecake was great, drink was good, I won the first game (YAY ME!) but I just wasn't feeling any more uplifted about the whole thing. So we decided to take the kids to see our new digs...
They actually had a great time. You may be wondering where the HECK are your pics chick? But I was so distracted that I really didn't think to take any! We got there and four kids running around the models was a lot to tend to. We did a few tests including the upstairs noise test (stomp around in one room and run down the hall to the other room and stomp there) as you can imagine, they looked at us like we done lost our minds! I think they thought it was a trick question or something cause the hesitated and said "Um...really?" We also conducted the sound transmission test (Mom goes next door and you kids yell and scream as loud as you want) again the hesitation, but they did it and scared the poor baby half to death! We also had to measure A BUNCH of stuff and keep the kids from falling down the stairs and knocking the baby down the stairs cause I think they might get a little cranky if the stairs get blood on them before they open ;-) It was fun though, they loved the place!
Then on our way out we let them run up and down the bike trail next to our house while we changed the baby, then showed them the park a few blocks away. We let em out and they had so much fun! I spent the whole time running after Mad who wanted more to run toward the street than anything else. Then they wanted to roll down the hill before we left and of course, due to the recent wet weather, came back covered in mud they had landed in at the bottom - that part was kinda funny ;-) After that, we found a little pizza place in town and stopped for a late lunch. The pizza was GREAT! I think that may end up being one of our hang outs. It was a nice afternoon.
We came home and I was tired, tried to lay down baby but she said "NO", rather persistantly, so I tried to close my eyes just for a minute on the couch. Only to be jolted back to reality when she took her little mini computer laptop thingy and slammed it down on my forehead. It hurt...real bad. Then she threw her cup at me. When I told her 'No more juice' because she had had 3 cups already, she threw at my head again! RUDE! So I left. I told DH that I feared for my safety and needed to wake up so I was going to get a coffee.
I guess I'm feeling a little better about the whole thing. I know we can do this, the whole buying part. Its just the sticking to the budget without playing mean mommy to my hubby part that worries me. I am excited, I just stress on it a little I guess. The kids loved the place and are all excited about the move so that should help. I'm excited too, just a little stressed. I'll get over it I suppose, cause what else am I gonna do right? RIIIIIIGHT...
OK /end boring entry - TNT!
Labels: My Drama, My Funnyness, My Love, My Randomness, Rockwell Manor
And remember your camera next time! ;)