My little ones are BACK IN SCHOOL BABY! That's right ... the BEST.YEAR.EVER has begun!
I say it's the best year ever because I have all the older kids in full day school, meaning they go and come home AT THE SAME TIME. Not like LAST YEAR when one went to school at 8, then the other at 11, one got out at 2:30 then the other at 4. There were a LOT of scheduling issues and sometimes it was just down right confusing and frustrating. I made the best of it though, knowing this year would be EASY :-D
And so Tween began 6th grade this year ... YES ... I am THAT old. My first born is almost in freakin middle school. That's the other part of the BEST.YEAR.EVER, they are at the same school for the last year AND Tween is still in elementary school. As any of you parent of older kids know ... it's a whole new ball game in middle school. And so I will enjoy the HELL out of this year ;-)
Princess started 1st grade and she is SO EXCITED to be such a grown up big girl! I don't know that *I'M* ready, but I'll deal ;-)
SOMEONE did NOT deal so well though. As I loaded Lil Miss (I can't call her Terrible Two now that's she 3) into the car she says "Come on Tween and Princess" and as I tell her no they're staying here and we'll get them later, she BREAKS DOWN and start crying "NOOOO! They're GONE MOMMY! They're GOOOONE!!!!" - it was sad and funny at the same time.
She got so used to having her little playmates at home with her all day and everywhere we went that she just didn't know WHAT to do with herself once we were alone. By day two she was warming right up to it though, don't worry. She has discovered that there is no one to boss her around, no one to say she can't play Pollies, and no one to warn mom when she has POOP. We're all going need some time to adjust ;-)
Labels: My Family, My PICTURES
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
August 13, 2008 at 8:51 AMThey are all growing up so fast! Before you know it they'll all be in school & Tween will be a TEEN!! Maybe then she can help with some carpool responsibilities ;)