So again, here I am, bored and realizing I haven't been up here much lately - myspacing ;-) - and I noticed July is OVER! Were you all aware of this?! Am I the only one caught TOTALLY off guard?! Probably...

July for our little family was JAM PACKED with family fun and friends! And since I assume you all LOOOOVE pictures as much as I do ... I will share :-D

Princess lost her first tooth!
And RIGHT before this picture, and for the WEEK leading up to it, there was much crying and whinning and wiggling. She tends to be a bit on the dramatic side, and OH GIRL, the losing of the tooth was DRAMA. But when it finally fell out, she MADE OUT...
That's right, inflation is a BITCH ...

In early July my BFF flew out from Kennessee with her kids to visit family and friends for a few weeks. It happened to fall during her son's birthday so we got to go to his birthday party!

It's funny, going to my good friends' kids birthday parties, and vice versa, has become a rarity for me. Since we were all pretty young when we became friends, life has happened as it tends to do, and they have all spread to the far reaches of the mid-west and far north. So it makes me SO HAPPY when I'm able to celebrate milestones with them and their families.
The day after the party marked the beginning of the BEST.WEEK.EVER! LOL Sunday, my BFF and her kids came to stay with me for a week. We marked the occassion with Sangria Sunday! OMG YOU GUYS ... Sangria's are AWESOME on a warm summer afternoon/evening!
AWESOME you guys! I will post the recipe sometime soon :-D

Monday we had Princess and Lil Miss's combo birthday party! OH it was so fun! Drama ensued, but it was good. However, before the party ...

I met "The Ladies Man" ... oh yeah ...
This is my BFFs FOUR year old boy hittin up on my SIX year old girl! Yes, his father was proud. No, I am NOT ready for this!
The kids had a great time at the party OUTSIDE at the park ... despite the 108* heat (no exaggeration), forgotten foods, and cake issues.
The poor kids. They had so much fun playing and running around like maniacs on the playground, they were ALL super sweaty and hot ... I felt SOOO BAAAAD.
Now mind you ... yes I did chose to have the party at the park in July so you might think I asked for this type of weather issue or should have at least planned for it. But I didn't. Mostly because I SWEAR that was the first day we got over 95* this summer and at the time I sent out the invites there was only more of the same coming! THAT and our house is just TOO small for so many people, and most other places would have been too.
And my poor DH who was manin the grill. Not only was he in the 108* heat, he was standing next to the HOT grill too! For MOST of the party. And yet he still manages to smile for the camera :-D
Well the party went on and it seemed we all made it through. Some folks had to leave early due to the heat, and some of those that stayed had attitude issues and unfortunately I'm talking about parents.
But the kids MADE OUT and had a great time, so that's really all that counts ... right? EGH...

The cake. I was all excited about the cake you guys. I don't know why, but I was basically pinning all of my happy party hopes on this stupid cake. The place we got it was around the corner from the park so we decided to leave THEM there until we were ready since it would surely MELT in 2.3 seconds.
As you can see ... there is only ONE cake here. This is a cupcake cake, and I think they are just the cutest thing EVER! So when I saw them at Raleys I ordered it, AND the mini cakes for the birthday girls ... WEIRD ... I DON'T SEE ANY MINI CAKES IN THE PICTURE ... WEEEEIRD ...
So I sent DH to go get the cakeS as we started opening gifts. He came back and IMMEDIATELY I knew something was wrong. He carried only ONE box. I opened it ... teared up a bit ... asked where the other TWO CAKES WERE ... and went back to work when he said he had NO IDEA what I was talking about. It was then that I had that inevitable moment where I just say "F**K IT" and decide not to get excited about anything ever again ... or at least not the for the next 1 hour or so.
But OH BOY did they LOVE that cake! Eventhough they should have had THEIR OWN and all the frosting covering the cake was so frozen I literally had to BREAK APART the cupcakes ... SIGH ...
Hehehe ... she didn't mind it much ;-)
Neither did "WeeWah" as Lil Miss calls her ;-)
I went back to the store after the party and TOLD them I was going to get my money back since I paid for two cakes I did NOT recieve. They tried to give them to me, to which I gave them the look of OHNOYOUDID*NOT*TRYTOGIVEMESOMESTALECAKESWHENYOUALREADYRUINEDMYLITTLEGIRLSPARTY?! or something like that, and told her to get her manager over here. The cakes where sitting on the counter waiting to be taken home and enjoyed, but they were not given to my DH when he got there, nor did they call him after realizing their mistake (he could have gone back if still on the way to the park, and YEAH they did have the number cause they called ME the day before, but whatever ... NOT BITTER AT ALL)
So I got my money back and told them they dissappointed to little girls, but WHATever ...
The kids had so much fun hanging out together, I'm just sure our little girls will be BFFs too!
AND OHHHH yeah, The Ladies Man made another appearence! As soon as the older sister was outta the picture, he started sidlin up to the younger sister(and future Mrs. Ladies Man) ;-)
After the kids were in bed for the night, BFF and I settled into some serious scrappin ... and drinkin ;-) This was and shall forever be known as Martini Tuesday :-D My DH made us up some AWESOME Rasberry Tini's and it was just awesomeness y'all...
Awesomeness :-D
Wednesday we basically just hung out and scrapped on and off all day :-D The HEATWAVE basically forced us to stay inside most the week she was there! It was so cool though, we got a TON of scrappin done!
Cherry Lime Aid Thursday started out with a trip to Funworks! The kids LOOOVE this place! It's basically like a McDonalds playground on crack. And the kids act accordingly.
They had a GREAT time and got TOTALLY worn out, so we headed home laid em down for naps and got back to scrappin! It's funny cause it might sound like we didn't do a lot really, but we totally did. We talked and laughed so hard my sides hurt and made memories to carry us through until the next time we drink, I MEAN, hang out together :-D
This is what the children were doing when I noticed they had been REALLY quite for awhile and checked on them. Where is the BOY you ask? Well, he would be under that MOUND of laundry ;-) LOL
Cosmo Friday went pretty much the same way. The kids played, we scrapped and talked and laughed and looked forward to bedtime! After the kids were in bed, my DH again played "sexy bartender" LOL and made us up some Cosmo's, my very fav drink ;-)
OH MAN, we had the BEST time! We got all giddy and laughed like little kids, it was awesome. I miss the hell outta her and am soooo glad she was able to spend so much time here!
WOW ... that's a LONG post. And it's only HALF of July! ;-)

1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Wow, when you sum it up like that it *does* look like all we did was scrap & drink while the kids ran wild making messes & going on dates! ;) LOL! It was so much fun hanging out with you & the family - Michael still asks about the kids & now says "dude" a la Sk8er Boy. Looking forward to the next drink, I mean get together!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.