HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!!!!
Round these parts, we don't just have Mother's DAY ... we have a WEEKEND ... :D
So Mother's Day Weekend started Friday night with an impromptu dinner OUT! I realized that we would only have Lil Miss that Friday and a friend of mine offered to babysit so we were OFF! We went to our favorite little bistro here in town, got an amazing bottle of wine, listened to some nice live music & had a GREAT time.
Saturday morning rolled around and because of custody stuffs, we had only Lil Miss until later that evening, so we decided to make a day out of it! We hopped in the truck and headed to the city.

Our first stop was Coit Tower. I've never been there before so it was fun! There are amazing views from all sides, this is a view from the front door of Alcatraz and the bay.

The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! We decided not to go UP the tower this time, so we wandered around looking at the architecture and the murals inside the tower bottom.

Lil Miss had a great time running the trails and playing on the grass area at the base of the tower, she's down there at the bottom, can you see her?!

Love my man :)

After that it was time for lunch so we found a Safeway, grabbed some sandwhiches, and headed to Golden Gate Park.

We found the prettiest little spot, laid out our blanket and ate our lunch.

We found that we were not alone! At first we saw some ducks and they came in to beg for some food, then a female came in and started pecking all the males away from the food we threw! THEN we saw why when her SEVEN little BABIES came up!

They got REALLY close to us, closer than this even ... they were SO FREAKIN cute with their little 'cheep cheep cheeps'! Lil Miss LOVED them! She kept calling them, "Cm'ERE lil BABIEEEEES ... my mom wants to SEEEEE YOUUUUU" ... LOL

Once we finished lunch we headed over to the pavillion in the park. We originally were going to check out the new aquarium but were running out of time so we hit the Japanese Tea Garden instead.

It was BEAUTIFUL in there and we got quite a few good pictures as it turns out :)

And Lil Miss had a great time trying to "accidentally fall" into the pond ;-) She was mad because she couldn't go swimming so I think she was trying to her best to "accidentally" go swimming. lol

:)

While DH was in the potty I grabbed Lil Miss and forced a photo session on her ;-) BECAUSE IT'S MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND AND I SAID SO ... ;-)

The pictures actually came out pretty cute :)

Then after 4 or 5 of my own attempts, a helpful bystander offered to 'help out'

A nice little picture of our MINI family :)

My little monkey :)

As we left the Garden we walked through the pavillion where they were having an International Children's Festival. There were kids from all different places doing regional dances, sooo cute, and face painting & balloon art!

Lil Miss LOVED her "fwower & bawooon" :) She was a happy girl.
After we left the park we went to our favorite place in the city, Rogue Brewery. Usually, we have a GREAT time there, but lately the service has been LESS than stellar. The beer is GREAT, the food great but it's hard to find, REALLY hard to park & just not worth it at the end of the day when you're EXHAUSTED from the traffic and the people.
It's a nice place to visit ... but I wouldn't want to live there.

We picked up my girls on the way home & quickly got everyone into bed. The next morning I got to sleep in until EIGHT o'clock! I was awakened by the lovely sound of the fire alarm letting me know that the hubs was cookin! LOL

After a yummy breakfast of cinnimon rolls, cheesy potatoes and bacon - it was present time! The girls each gave me the projects that our lovely public school system turns out and I loved them SO MUCH :) Then they gave me the gifts that their dad helped them pick out & my sweet hubby gave me some flowers :) Then Lil Miss got a VERY sad look on her face and said "Where's MY present Daddy?!" She was close to tears cause she didn't have anything to give me! It was sweet though. So daddy took her outside and she picked out a flower just for me and had the BIGGEST smile when she brought it in :)
After that I pretty much lounged around all day lol. I watched my friend's kid for a few hours and that kinda broke up the day so we didn't really go anywhere or do anything "extra special". I was fine with that, but I think the girls were anticipating more.
That's one of the things when you're divorced. You are under so much pressure to make holidays like this EXTRA special because they are with you specifically regardless of who's time it should be. So I feel like I HAVE to SOMETHING for THEM even though it's supposed to be MY day. It's weird. The weekends and other holidays can feel like that too. Like, since you don't have them 24/7 you have to make sure that you are making the ABSOLUTE MOST of your time ... ALL THE TIME. And while thats a great idea in theory, it can be be EXHAUSTING! Feeling like they (and everyone else) expect you to 'make the most of your time together' can make you feel like you have to have something special going on every chance you have. But then if every weekend is GO-GO-GO, Do-DO-DO ... it starts to feel a little less special. When I feel like I HAVE to do things, I WANT to do them less. And for the kids, if they start expecting something awesome all the time, when we just normal stuff, it feels like they're being let down. I don't know, I guess I'm over thinking again.
Anyway, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND TO YOU ALL! Hope you had a great time, WHATEVER you did!