This year I finally did something I've been thinking about doing for many summers. I only did it THIS summer because every time I talked to my mom she gave me a talkin to bout it for at least half the conversation.
I put my 3 girls in swim lessons.Now Tween actually swims fine on her own. But she is the only one. And I figured that if I was putting the other two girls in, I could find a class for her too, if only to teach her some real strokes.
So she learned the streamline, which was HUGE for her because she still plugs her nose when she goes underwater. But when swimming streamline she doesn't, so she was able to take something good away from it.
She also learned how to take a breath while she swam, she was very impressed with herself :)
I was fortunate enough to get ALL 3 GIRLS into age appropriate classes at the SAME TIME! Lil Miss REALLY enjoyed her preschoolers class. She loved kickin along on the kick board and she loved having a teacher ... eventhough she didn't always listen to her
She loves her some kickin!
Flower Child was the one I was really hoping would benefit from the lessons. At the beginning of the summer, she was still swimming in the pool with a life jacket on. That's my fault. I was kinda nervous about taking so many kids to the pool at one time and she was so shaky about swimming (would PANIC if she walked away from the stairs) so I just figured it saved us all a little but of sanity if she just wore her life jacket.
Well, that kept her from learning. The lessons took care of that quick!She LOVES swimming! She still is a little shaky, but she has more skills now. She is GREAT at streamline and can even jump in the pool without holding her nose, that's one UP on her older sister ;-)
Lil Miss learned to float and she LOVES doing it now! She always does it now and is very impressed with herself :)
Tween also learned the backstroke. This was the pre-backstroke actually, but she did learn it ;-) She really enjoyed getting to learn the different styles and feeling like she swam like a big person I think.
Lil Miss learned and LOVES to play "Fishy in the Middle" and we play every time we go to the pool now :) It's pretty cute, we all play, the girls & I. Lil Miss gets SUCH a kick out of it!
Flower Child learned the difficulty that is "Red Light, Green Light"
But all 3 girls FAVORITE part of each lesson was the last 5 minutes, jumping in the pool :)
LOL. The lessons were 30 minutes, every weekday, for two weeks. They learned a TON and they loved it, so it was totally worth the cost. I was bummed though, I didn't get a pic of Lil Miss jumping in, next time. I'm for SURE putting them in next year!
Labels: My Family, My PICTURES
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
September 11, 2009 at 6:31 PMI'm doing this next summer too since I totally dropped the ball this year. Maybe they have year round lessons at the indoor pool??? Not sure if it's open year round or not though. Glad the girls had so much fun, learned stuff & you got pictures of them all. :) Better reserve those same time slots NOW so you can luck out next summer too.