Operation Skinny Bitch is in FULL EFFECT BABY!

In June I got sick. There was(is) a LOT of stress in my life and I was drinking too much and eating too much and finally my body said "Enough is ENOUGH". Knowing *my* body, it probably used more expletives than that though.

To try and heal my body I basically had to give up coffee, alcohol, and unhealthy foods. I KNOW ... WHAT ELSE IS THERE?!?! Well, my body would say ... life without constant pain!

So for a few weeks while I took some meds that I had no guarantee would work, I cut out EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that could be adding to the issues in hopes that my body would heal. The good news was that it WORKED and the constant stabbing pain stopped.

THE GREAT NEWS WAS THAT I LOST *10* POUNDS!

Slowly, I started to test what I could and could NOT handle. I have found that I can have coffee in breakfast restaurants but NOT at home or the pain comes back. I can drink wine, but beer and some citrus cocktails = NOT. As far as food goes, I've been trying to eat healthy still and have almost completely cut out fast food (though, I didn't go there much anyway). And when we do eat out, DH and I share an entree instead of getting 2. We never ended up finishing our meals and would over eat in an attempt to not waste our money, but we were doing ourselves a disservice that way. So now we save money AND calories and fat!

I've also been adjusting the food we eat at home. I'm trying to get us away from foods that have perservatives and fillers in them and to eat more traditional foods. I'm not going all FOOD NAZI or anything, I'm just trying to do what's best for me and my family.

AND THE GREAT NEWS IS ... I'VE LOST *ANOTHER* 10 POUNDS!!!!

That makes 20 lbs in 2 months basically. I know a lot of that is water weight but it's encouraging! Knowing that I'm losing weight makes me a lot more conscious of what I'm putting in my body, and what I'm wasting calories on!

So I've decided to participate in Operation Skinny Bitch! It's a blog for weight loss support and every Wednesday we talk about our weekly progress, or lack there of. I'm thinking it will give me a place to be accountable :)

In honor of that ... I am going to do the unthinkable ... I'm going to tell you what I weigh. And even worse, where I started.

In June, I weighed 201lbs. That is the most I have ever weighed and I hated it. I'm only 5' 4" so that is a LOT on my small stature.

Today, I am 181 and I'm damn proud to even be IN the 180's let alone on my way out of them! I haven't seen the 170's since I got married 4 years ago. So I REALLY look forward to that!

And the BEST part is ... the new long awaited and totally awesome gym just opened a week ago. I have been there 5 out of 7 days, and one of those I still walked an hour. I started out thinking I would go just so I could use the daycare, and while that is a HUGE bonus, it's becoming more about using that 1-2 hours to take care of ME. To focus on me and my body and taking care of me! What's great about that is that I've been better able to take care of everyone else too! I wasn't expecting that, and it has made it a lot easier to drag myself out of the house and actually LOOK FORWARD to doing it!

Tune in next Wednesday for how the next week goes! And for more Skinny Bitches, check out OSB!

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    YAY!!!! You go girl! I'm so happy for you and the great changes you're making in your life - you are rockin girl - keep it up!
    Veggiemomof2 said...
    If you are dying without the coffee, try Folgers Simply Smooth. It's for people with sensitive stomachs.
    http://www.folgers.com/coffees/ground/g_simplysmooth_velvet.aspx
    Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...
    Thanks Rebecca :)

    WOW VeggieMom you are FULL of great advice today! I love the idea of getting Lil Miss a walkman, I hadn't even thought of that. And our other techniques are not working as well as they were. I will definetily check out the coffee too! I <3 my cup a coffee and I miss it! :)

    Thanks ladies!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.