Well, I guess I didn't knock on wood enough ... a new sickness has invaded my house. This weekend Tween started coughing more than she had been, then there was talk of a sore throat and a stuff hurty nose. Then yesterday Boy came home and we were told he was thought to have Bronchaitis. Now Terrible Two is talking with a bit of a stuffed up sound. So far {KNOCKING ON WOOD} Princess seems ok.
But to combat the spread of the various sicknesses ON A HOLIDAY WHEN THEY ARE AAAAAAALL HOME, I have made the executive decision to sequester them all.
Tell me how this sounds like a death sentence ... because that's how they all look at me ... as if the firing squad has just been called.
I have sent Tween and Boy to their respective rooms - with their own TVs/toys a plenty/games/all manner of fun older kid stuff - and still they act like I've punished them. They usually aren't allowed to watch movies in their rooms and I'm letting them! I gave them JUICE in their room! I NEVER do that! And still it's torture for them. They don't even have to put up with the constant interuptions from Princess and Terrible Two!
I have those two either in their room or watching TV in the living room. Coloring, playing, coloring, eating and coloring some more - whatever it takes to keep them out of the other two's rooms and confine their germs to each other.
Funny how a child's nightmare could be an adults heaven.
I want to be TOLD to stay in my room. I want someone to bring me JUICE! I want to watch TV without having to share! I want to play with my toys without someone taking them away from me! I WANNA COLOR! I want someone to change my diaper and be at my beck and call.
Okay, maybe not so much that last one ... although ... the thought of not getting out of bed for hours even to go potty ain't SO bad if you think about it.
Well, ok yeah it kinda is, maybe I'm just REALLY tired right now and the thought of BED + HOURS = HEAVEN!
In fact, I hate to say it, even to THINK it, but it might be hitting me too.
I was FINE this morning. Quite ambitious and productive even! Especially for having so damn many kids here during the day. But now as I sit here with the sickness surrounding me, my head is starting to hurt, I notice a slight sore through, and a burning nose. And as I attempt to lift my cup of tea I thought 'Wow, this is heavy, I need a straw' - then thought 'K, it's half empty and my arm is shaking to lift it, perhaps this is a bad sign'.
It wouldn't be SO bad, if there weren't four more loads of laundry to do, four sandwhiches to make, naps to enforce, tax forms to find, calls to make, and bills to pay.
What really scares me, is that not only might the sickness be back and worse and attacking me, but that the 'man cold' isn't far behind. THAT is scarier than four kids home sick from school.
So as I batten down the hatches for the invasion, and knock on everything wood in this house, wish me luck, cross your fingers, and send me happy 'man-cold' free thoughts!
Labels: My Drama, My Family, My Randomness
5 Comments:
-
- Rebecca said...
February 11, 2008 at 12:36 PMWell you can't be THAT sick because you're still funny as ever! I'm sorry you all aren't feeling well though. And now I wish I could go sleep away this woman pain. When the kids complain about not watching movies or having juice in their rooms or the younger ones bugging them, remind them of this day & how they whined it away. Hope you all feel better, get healthy FAST! Boo man cold, boo!!!- Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...
February 11, 2008 at 12:41 PMYeah, I've felt this way before too!- Sherry said...
February 12, 2008 at 5:58 PMyes, it would be great to be a kid again... in some ways. and yeah, i'm not sure if sitting in a diaper would be the same now ;) but i do hope you are all feeling better soon! and i'm with rebecca - leave it to you to make something crappy - like illness - funny. i hope the man cold stays far, far away!!!- ChrissyM said...
February 16, 2008 at 8:52 PMI feel their pain. I have been sick since Monday and today I still feel blah but slowly getting better. I hope everyone in your house is feeling better.- ChrissyM said...
February 16, 2008 at 8:53 PMI feel their pain. I have been sick since Monday and today I still feel blah but slowly getting better. I hope everyone in your house is feeling better. I must say I had to laugh at your post though, the thought of being in diapers oh my LOL gives me a chuckle. You are a riot!