So if I had to sum up May for our little family here, this would do it ... For the most part, May kicked of our summer trip season :-D I gotta say, I do LOVE summer for that. I love taking the kids places and showing them this amazing place we live in. I mean, we pay so damn much to live here, better use it! I mean, sure gas prices SUCK, but what am I gonna do about it? Stop driving? Stop living? NOT take my kids to the beach/camping/mountains and enjoy those places with them and their sweet little faces when they see how amazing this world can BE?! I don't think so. But that is a rant for another time...
Don't worry, I'll warn ya ;-)
So instead, they decided to bury each other in sand to keep warm.
It wasn't a long day, but was a GREAT day. This is a view of Stinson Beach from the mountains you have to brave to get there. It's one hell of a stretch of beach let me tell you. Basically, we came down that day to check the place out and take a look at the only TWO hotels in the city so we knew if we wanted to stay down here. AND BOOOOOY did we :-D That is another post though...
DAMN I wish this picture would have come out better. This is a view of the city of San Francisco from the coastal mountains that set Stinson Beach apart. It was a LOT clearer than this, which was suprising for this area, fog is like air to these poor people.
The following weekend we did something I haven't done in YEARS. I have no pictures of it though. We were bored one Saturday afternoon so we watched a movie I was dying to see, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - LOVED IT OMG. So after watching that and thinking how badly I wished DH and I could go see a movie TOGETHER, I got a little sad. Started thinking about how we rarely get out together, how hard it is to find a sitter, how I miss our couplehood, you know ... my hourly thoughts ;-)
So I started thinking ... WHERE HAVE ALL THE DRIVE IN MOVIES GONE?!
Really though ... it's a place where you can ditch your kids in the backseat or back of the truck and since its late, they fall asleep, and it's just like the good ol days and you drink beer you snuck in and start makin out in the front seat like the teenagers next to ya ;-) It's like a TIME MACHINE.
So I looked it up and there was a drive in theater...showing the new Indiana movie...only 2.5 hours away! Normally that would have been a little far, but since we were basically bored out of our minds and had the boy and the baby, it seemed like the PERFECT solution.
We grabbed some snacks, threw the kids in their jammies, grabbed some beer and HIT THE ROAD! We stopped and got dinner and then some candy (you gotta have candy!) and got there bout 20 minutes early - perfect timing.
Let me tell you, it has probably been 8-10 years since I have been to a drive in, but it was AWESOME! They even had a little playground for the kids in case you show up early to get a good spot like we will be doing next time ;-) You only pay for adults and it's still cheaper than a matinee at a theater! AND its a double feature! And if we didn't have a 2.5 hour drive ahead of us going home, we might have stayed just because we could!
The whole thing was great. We brought some coloring for the kids and got some popcorn and watched the movie. They both fell asleep (which had NOTHING to do with the benedryl I slipped them) and it was like we were alone ;-)
The movie on the other hand ... well it's not my favorite ... but that is ALSO a rant for another time.
So the next weekend was Mother's Day Weekend! And it was like eleventyhundred degrees outside that day. I woke up to cards and coffee and a lovely gift and hyper kids and the HEAT already setting in. So I decided we were NOT staying home ...
Now, we had been on the trail before and all that so we didn't have to stop every 10 feet to read about it. We just basically walked ... and walked ... and walked some more.
And climbed some more. They had a good time though, and we were still able to get some exercise on a rather warm day.
After we were done there, we went off to check out the campsites near by. They had a little stream flowing through so the kids stopped to cool off, all four of em ;-)
Then after the baby was almost carried off by dog sized ants, we left to have dinner in my fav little place the Snow Shoe Brewery. I have no pictures however, because my camera ran out of memory because I have only 512MB card because I SUCK.
The next major event was the end to my sanity ... you might know it as ... the last day of school.
My little sweetie graduated Kindergarden and is now a big girl. She just turned 6 on Tuesday and OMG wait until you see the PICTURES! She is so damn cute omg.
The next week, we kicked off summer vacation by taking the girls and my mom on a little mini mid-week vacation to Stinson Beach. Basically it was just an over nighter, but it was pretty cool. And since there are MANY pictures and stories to go with THAT, I will spare you and your internet connection, and make it another post.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the stories!!!!
Labels: My Adventures, My Family, My PICTURES
What incredible views. You found some great spots. And yay for drive-in movies. Remember our big green truck? Everyone piled in the back? That was so much fun. They closed that one down -- so cool you found another one. Sounds worth it to me :)
Those big trees remind me of sixth grade science camp. I remember how cool they seemed then. Your kids must have had a blast.
Thanks for sharing!