So I'm sitting here thinking I would go ahead and talk about ... something. I have things I think to talk about, but then when I sit down to write about it, it comes out something like "Yeah ... so I was mad and it SUCKED aaaaaaand ... there ya go" or something less coherent than that. Lucky you guys ;-)

So I will instead go to my good ol stand by ... stories through pictures!

So the first weekend in June, DH had a whole one day off so we decided to go for a drive. We went up to a place he has been DYING to show me since we were dating. It's about an hour from here so it was just a quick trip for us ;-)

It's a place called Natural Bridges. It's one of the California cavern clusters that are all over the place up here.


It's in a GORGEOUS location up in the mountains, and as you can see ^^ there is an almost mile long hike to get there. So I figured this would be a great way for us to get some exercise! I guess I didn't think about how steep and rocky and off-roady it would be for a 2 year old...

So we set off on our little adventure with our pack full of snacks, water and wine and cheese of course!


After about a 30 min trek trying to keep the Baby from throwing herself off the cliff or roll down it, and trying to teach the Boy it was NOT a good idea to tease bees ... we FINALLY got there. Natural Bridges is a cave that actually has a river flowing through it. You can swim or take a boat all the way through infact, but not a great idea if you have a baby with you.


The kids played in the "river" catchin bugs and malaria


DH did his best to make sure they didn't fall or drown...


Baby found a lovely tinly little water fall to drench herself completely in ...


And I ... took pictures!

They came out pretty good though!

Then we went back up stream a bit and into the caaaaaave ... duh duh duh duuuuuuuh

At the back of the cave there is where the hole is that goes through to the other end. I guess there is a portion of it where the sun never touches ... I'm told it's cold there ... It's a good thing I take my DH places I tell you what! Or I'da never known it'da been COLD in dere! ;-)
While they played in the cold ass cave water ...
I opened up the wine.


When DH and I were dating, we would take a bottle of wine and just drive places. He always took me to these great little off the beaten path places and we would sit and talk and drink a glass of wine and stuuuuuff ;-) It was our favorite thing to do on the weekends.

Knowing this, one of my BFFs gave me for Christmas one of the THE BEST presents EVER! This awesome backpack came with all the picnicy supplies for four, plus a CORKSCREW! and cheese knife! It's like it was MADE FOR ME. It's HUGE inside and is insulated and has capabilities to hold ice and all kids of good stuff. And the best part (besides the wine of course) is that it's also a backpack! LOVE IT!!!! We take it EVERYWHERE! So thanks Sherry, it's the best thing EVER!


And this is me ... enjoying it :-D

And again, that's it for pictures HALF WAY during the trip because my stupid picture card SUCKS! And only holds like 30 at a time! WHO only takes 30 pictures in a day?!?!?! ;-)

4 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    That place looks like so much fun! The pictures are great & your backpack is just about the best thing ever! It would be fun to go there with you guys when all of our kids are older and cal walk on their own without falling off of cliffs. Though we'll be older then too, maybe they'll help us keep our balance. ;) What holiday is coming up so I can buy you a memory card with some, MEMORY??? I'm sad for all the pictures that never had a chance to be captured.
    Veggiemomof2 said...
    Yikes! You guys sure stay busy in the summertime.
    Sherry said...
    Cold water sounds sooooo great about now. It's been stinkin' hot here! That looks like such a cool place. How do you guys think of all this stuff to do all the time? The kids must love it.

    And that backpack is awesome. Whoever thought of that gift was a genius ;) hehe

    The pic of you in your hat, ponytails and sunglasses is so darn cute. You look like you went back in time a few years... :) Not that we're old or anything! Geez.

    Can't wait to hang out with you guys. See you soon...YAY!!!
    ChrissyM said...
    Looks like a lot of fun. Your pictures are great! The backpack is the coolest thing ever!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.