So let me tell you two things:

  1. I am back dating THIS post as well since I'm trying to use this blog as a way to keep details for my pictures so that when I scrap them I'll have the stories that make the memories special :)
  2. I am a Valentine's SAP! lol

I'm just one of those women who LOVE Valentines Day! For my DH & I, it's just another day we get to find a babysitter and have some much needed much loved ALONE TIME! And it gives us an excuse to do so. When you have so many kids sometimes it can be difficult to find someone who'll take pity on you and give you that alone time. So for us, Valentine's Day is the perfect way to get one!

We show our love and affection every day, not just one specified day a year. I love my hubs so much for that. We'll take as many days as you give us to get out and have a special night!

We found that we wouldn't be able to go out ON Valentine's, so we grabbed a sitter for Thursday night and went to out favorite little bistro here in town, parked it at the bar so we could sit close to each other :) and enjoyed some drinks ... he got some green contraption

And I got an absolutely awesome Pomegranetini :) They are just the BEST at this place!

We had a great dinner and talked and laughed so much, we NEED that! We have such a great time together, it reminds us why we got together in the first place!

So does this *wink wink*

This year Valentines was on a Saturday. We didn't have much money, but I wanted to do a little something special for the kids and make Valentines about all of us & our love for each other! So we celebrated alone on Thursday and as a family on Saturday :) Most of us anyway, my girls were with their dad that day.

Lil Miss LOVED her little Valentine's Froggy :)


And Sk8er Boy loved his Valentine's Monkey :)

Then we cuddled and canoodled for a bit


Just lovin on each other before the day got going ...

After my DH got back from working he brought me a beautiful bunch of flowers :) I love getting flowers and my honey is so cute, he brings me flowers for no reason just whenever the mood stricks him, even after 5 years! LOVE IT! IT means so much cause I really wasn't expecting any :)

So to top off such a ROMANTICAL day, lol, we had a lovely dinner at ... wait for it ... DEL TACO! LOL

The kids went and played and had fun

LOL

And the place was empty ... imagine that ... so it was nice. We could sit and talk while the kids played. Boy, if they had beer it would've been the best day ever! LOL

Then on Monday the girls arrived home and found their little Valentine's treasures, and Princess loved her Valentines Puppy

And Tween her Valentine's Bear. I wonder when she'll be too old for this? Hmm I wonder if this was the last year she'd be all into cutsie little stuffed animals from MOMS and cooperating while I take 40hundred pictures ;-)
All in all, it was a GREAT Valentine's Weekend!

1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    tween will probably feel too old for mom's teddy bears when she has a boyfriend getting her one. ;)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.