Why is it that when things are good ... they are REALLY really good. But when things are bad ... they are REALLY really bad?
Is there no in between?
I've been down in the dumps for awhile. It's basically stress related, so I'm not overly concerned that I'll fall into a depression hole or anything. But it's still becoming something I'm struggling to overcome everyday now.
My mom thinks I'm depressed. Based on a 5 minute conversation mind you ;-) She is concerned though, and I love her for that. She asked if I needed her to come down here and help me out more often, to which I answered in my typically flip way:
"Well, not really, unless you bring money with you ... OR take one of the kids BACK with you" - kidding, mostly...
Maybe it's just that blue-ness that seems to come with winter, even though it's been unseasonably lovely out actually.
I just don't know what to do for these daily stress out sessions I've been having. I usually just end up:
- doing the bare minimum around the house & with the kids
- praying for nap time to sit and veg in front of soaps and listen to pretty rich people whine about THEIR problems
- fall asleep JUST before the kids get home or the baby wakes up which puts me in a TRULY grumpy mood
- doing the bare min for dinner & with the kids
- praying for bed time & a glass or two of wine
Hmmmm sounds a little more depressing when I spell it all out like that.
I just don't know how to break the cycle, cause I know most of what I do during the day is stressing me out even more.
And though it appears that I'm looking for advice, I'm really not ;-) I guess I just needed to vent a little. I feel bad putting all of this on DH because he's depressed right now too and THAT just makes us both feel worse. So I think we have come to an unspoken agreement not to tell each up just how STRESSED OUT we both are. I'm SURE thats completely unhealthy, but at this point, we're just trying to get through another day...
Much of this is money related. It's tough right for lots of people and I don't pretend to think that we have it worse than anyone else. It's just the worst that WE have ever been through. We keep sinking deeper and deeper and deeper and I don't know how to get back out.
Ugh ... like I said, just venting. It's another SUPER stressed out day and my cell phone usage is restricted and I'm kinda freaking out.
I'm sure it will get better ... I just hate the feeling of 'just getting through' every day.
Labels: My Drama, My Venting
Would making a small list of things to check off as you get them done help?