Seriously ... the weather has been CRAZY around here!

The usual temp for these parts is 83* ... yesterday it was 65*. And it rained. It's BEEN raining at least once a week for MONTHS now.

Yesterday was super pretty in the early part of the day and the girl and I did our normal routine of dropping the girls off at school and then heading to the gym/kids club. I'd hoped to walk to the park after ward but the clouds quickly rolled in.

Later that afternoon, after the big girls went to their dad's house, DH & I took Lil Miss out into the depressing rain to run some errands. While DH did some things, I planned on wandering around Target with Lil Miss but I just didn't have the energy for it. I think all this crappy gray weather is sapping my energy levels.

So instead, she fell asleep in the back seat and I sat and enjoyed the QUIET :) I just listened to the rain and enjoyed every second of it.

After the errands were run we thought maybe a stop at Buffalo Wings N Rings might cheer us up :) And I had my camera this time! lol

Ahhhhh ... that's better ;-)

Lil Miss insisted I take a picture of her Kitty ... Roxy lol

But THIS was the star of the show ... it was 49 cent wing night! WOOOHOOO!

This morning I woke up early to go get the girls from their dad's house (45 minutes away from me, if you don't know) and I got to drive in THIS. Seriously? Did I wake up in February?! The fog followed me for the majority of the drive but it was nice{ish} once we got back home.

After the gym/kids club we went to the library for some books and storytime :) She LOVES her some puzzles! The Storytime has been SO good for her! She sings all the songs and does all the movements. She is learning to sit and be quiet and listen, and I think it will really help get her prepped for Kindergarden.

It's also a half hour of time that *I* don't have to entertain her ;-) Thank God for the public library! lol

After the girls got home from school it was time to work on their Teacher Gifts! Tomorrow is the last day of school {AAAHHH!!!} and I wanted to make something cute, inexpensive and clever for the 2 older girls to take to their teachers.

I totally copied THIS POST about St. Patrick's Day Teacher Gifts and just adjusted it to my needs. I got the little containers and the candies at Dollar Tree. I already had the ribbon and hot glue gun so I basically only spent $10 for 8 teacher gifts! {Tween is in Middle School so she has 6 - Flower Child has 2}

Next I had to come up with a cute little saying for the tags and start assembling! It took a little bit of time and effort, but Tween helped me and that was fun, so the time flew by.

The little ones ditched me though, they wanted to play outside before it started to rain and when they were SUPER quiet I went out to see why ...

They started giggling and squirming and I found out why ...

They'd found a new friend :) His name is Brayden LOL

I let the girls choose which ribbon they wanted to use on their different teachers and I'm SUPER pleased with how they came out :)

See, the candy is Sour Patch Kids ... so I said "Thank you for helping grow this PATCH of KIDS" ... get it?! ... cause they're sour PATCH KIDs ... yeah ... you get it ;-)

We ended up needing more candy so we ran out to Dollar Tree on the way out to celebrate Flower Child's perfect report card. I just HAD to take a picture of their "Sale of the Week" ...
LOL!

We ended up having dinner at Applebees since they have 'Kids Eat {Almost} Free Night' and ...

Mango Martini's :) My heart belongs to Applebees :D

It's been a LOOOONG day and tomorrow promises to be even LOOOOONGER lol ... and that is just the beginning of the LOOOOONGEST SUMMER ... EVER. LOL

But I WILL survive because in 76 more days begins ... the BEST YEAR EVER {aka - Lil Miss goes to Kindergarden LOL} ... pray I ... and they ... make it that long ;-)

1 Comment:

  1. Edie Mindell said...
    Hi. Your 3 girls are all very pretty, same as you. :-) I like it that even with the bad weather on your place, you still managed to make every event fun and worthwhile for you and the kids. You are blessed with such adorable children. :-)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.