The first official day of summer vacation hasn't gone so well ... and it's not even late enough to start drinking {socially acceptably, anyway}.

I don't even want to go into it. It's just been a day. So what I would like to do is make myself a list.

Lists make me feel better :) And I can add to this list as things pop into my head.

Things we can do during the summer OUTSIDE of the house:

  • Storytime at the library
  • swimming at the pool
  • blow bubbles/play with chalk
  • walk to the park
  • walk to Starbucks
  • hang out at the other Starbucks with the big table
  • go to the big park up the hill
  • Sonic for lunch
  • Subway for lunch
  • Del Taco play area
  • McDonalds play area
  • use the gift certificates for Funworks miniature golf
  • hide out and scrap at Rachelle's
  • meet up with high school friends in my old home town
  • the lake's nature area
  • sell them to kindly looking gypsies
  • fruit standing
  • picnic at the park/lake/river
  • impose on my ma again, sleep over and sneak out after they're asleep :)
  • farmer's market on Saturday mornings
  • free movie's at the Regency
  • cheap movies here in town
  • go to JoAnns with coupons for fabric for sewing projects
  • meet friends at Chuckie Cheese
  • take the 2 smaller to the gym kid's club if I haven't already gone or even if I HAVE
Things to do INSIDE {or in the vicinity of} the house:
  • bubbles or chalk
  • household daily chore - more on that later, I hope
  • computer time
  • movie from Netflix with popcorn
  • make candles
  • make jewelry
  • drink
  • scrap
  • craftsy stuff from the dollar store
God willing, this will help keep them from getting bored ... and me from "accidentally" leaving them somewhere. LOL

75 more days ... only 75 more days ...

Pray for me ... and them.

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Aww, you'll get through and it sounds like you guys will have lots of fun too! Other things to add to your list - sometimes museums/other attractions have free/lower admission rates on some days. Worth doing a google search. :) I was doing some hunting around today for activities to keep us busy too.
    Veggiemomof2 said...
    Don't forget many libraries have summer reading programs where the kids can earn prizes.

    And if you have a place to take them swimming, I don't know of anything else that wears them out so well...every stinking time!
    Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...
    Great idea Rebecca! I know a lot of National Parks have FREE days during the summer too.

    Yeah the kids liked the library program last year so I'm sure we'll be hitting that up again this year :) We do have a pool, but it's a community pool and it get CROWDED quickly ... not that it's going to matter much since it's RIGHT outside my door and the kids will drag me kicking and screaming I'm sure ;-) I DO look forward to the 'wearing them out' part though! :D

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.