Well after all the FUN of yesterday, it only fits that I should pay for it today.
Ah, hangover, how loath you. And yet, at least it usually means I had a HELL of a good time lol.My usual cure for a hangover is greasy food. I don't know WHAT the science is behind it, but it totally works. Not to put too fine a point on it, but Jack in the Box Chicken Sandwiches should be packed and sold under the label "I drank too much last night and I'm paying for it now, cure".
Well, I broke with tradition and headed to Subway. Not because I had faith in their healing properties, but because I had a gift card. Their new breakfasts are actually REALLY good. I had the sausage and cheese egg white omelet (read: greasiest thing I could think of) and a coffee. In hind sight, the coffee was NOT a great idea but was a necessary evil for the next leg of our journey. OH, and their coffee is HELLA good.
Yeah that's right. I'm over the age of 12 and I say Hella. I even joined a Facebook group about it ... wanna fight about it?! lolSo after taming my tummy ... a bit ... we were off to Walmart :-/
I have mixed emotions about this place. The prices are SOOOO cheap and now that they carry groceries for MUCH cheaper than the standard grocery store, I have almost no reason NOT to shop there.
Except that it's still Walmart ... ya'll know what I mean.
But I braved it, even in my weakened condition, because I needed chicken, gardening tools, and a birthday gift for a 2 year old ... if anyone else knows of where I can find those three things in the same place I'll eat my hat.So Lil Miss picked out a lovely gifty for the little sweety and spent the rest of the journey through Walmart telling me about each.and.every.one of those Littlest Pet Shop animals. Apparently she knows their names and life stories ... and now so do I. lol
The rest of the day went pretty much according to schedule. Then after the big ones left (Tween & Flower Child) we decided to try out a new place for dinner.
And I forgot my camera! Yes ... I did toy with the idea of going home for it. But calmer heads did prevail (read: DH said "um ... no.")
He had heard of a place that was comparable to Wing Stop, which has been our favorite wing place. So we went to Buffalo Wing & Rings with high hopes and were NOT disappointed!
Their menu FAAAAR exceeds the limited one at Wing Stop. There were salads! and burgers! and gyros! and so many combos for wings that we were in awe. The wings were HUGE compared to Wing Stop and the place was more like a restaurant than a hole in the wall. But they had us at 'Sierra Nevada on TAP' :)
And the ONION RINGS! My God, the onion rings! Well they were just beer battered heaven on a plate.
Needless to say, THIS will now and forever be OUR wing place :) If you have one in YOUR neck of the woods, I HIGHLY recommend!
Labels: My Adventures, My Family
3 Comments:
-
- Veggiemomof2 said...
May 22, 2010 at 9:48 AMWhat?! I'm shocked you don't have a camera phone! :)- Heather :D said...
May 23, 2010 at 9:02 AMoh wow... me too. shocked that you don't have a cam phone that is. lolol. sounds like you had a great dayyy. and mmmmm. wings! now i want some :D- Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...
May 25, 2010 at 3:52 PMHahaha I DO have a camera phone! But I DON'T know how to get the photos OFF of it! LOL