So hubby woke up Sunday morning with a brialliant idea, "Let's go do something!" I says "Um . . . ok . . . what?" He doesn't know. I wanted to go back to the beach :-) but it was going to be like 60 degrees and kids would bitch so he says "Let's go to Sonora! They've got a great park there" - a park? I'm not driving up some windey ass road that makes me sick for 2 hours, to go to a park. So he says "Let's go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium!" I looked into it and thought, hey now THAT ain't a bad idea. After like 2 more hours of getting things together and getting ready we got on the road. M asks "How many miles til we get there?" DH says 80 (?) I was thinkin . . . um NOO. But you can't tell him he's wrong until he is wrong and even then it's a crap shoot. So I kept my little mouth shut and 150 miles later . . . "wow, that was a little further than i thought i guess" - DER.

So we FINALLY get there and even Mad is over come by the huge tank with the tuna and sharks and this big ass fish called a sun fish that was probably bigger than all the kids put together.



We looked at some awesome and colorful jellyfish tanks...


Hung out by the Kelp Forrest...


Let the older kids play in tide pools while Mad did what she does best . . .


RUN! and RUN and RUN and RUN and . . .


She did find a few things that peaked her interest for more than a split second


Then we went back to the Kelp Forest where they have a diver go in to feed the fish, and eels

:-/ They give him a mic and he talks from inside the tank. It was pretty cool, you can see him in this picture though it's kinda light. This one eel kept getting RIGHT in his face, like eye to eye with him, it was a little freaky even from my end!


They also have a neat tide pool inside/outside area. Inside they have a walkway that is underneath an area that water crashes out every 20 seconds or so.


Outside, the water crashes into a little pond area and you can see what it looks like underwater with this little bubble that was just the right size for Mad in her stroller, she's under there somewhere.


We went to the kids area called "Slash Zone" and all the kids found stuff to do, it was nice cause Mad was actually entertained, not just confined to her stroller being stuffed with goldfish just to keep her quiet :-)


We had all actually had a lot of fun and it wasn't AS stressful as some of our outings have been so maybe it just the age and they are starting to grow out of it, or they were tired, I'm not really sure.


After we left we strolled down Canary Row for a bit and found a cool restaurant on the water. We were just going to stop for a second to relax (read: get a drink ;-) when ALL the kids started whiiiiining - "I'm HUNGRY - I'm STAAAARVING" - so we hung out and had dinner. Good thing too cause we didn't get home until 10:30 as it was and that was without having to stop again for dinner! They were all (including us) tired and dirty, but we had fun and it gave us all something to talk about today, so there ya go :-)


Til Next Time...

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    I LOVE the awesome photos! It looks like you all had a great time and I'm glad you finally started blogging again - yay! Wish I was there to SCRAP it all with you. <3
    Melanie Faith said...
    That's so cool; we were just through the Monterey area but weren't familiar with anything there so we kept going. I envy your adventures! Is Cannery Row based off of John Steinbeck's novel (or vice versa rather)? I know he is buried there.
    Sherry said...
    Okay, girl. Seriously. You've got to stop! I am oozing with envy right now. That sounds soooo good to me! We really gotta find a way to get out and about more. You are providing opportunities for some awesome memories your kids will look back on for a long time to come - maybe their whole lives. How great is that? :)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.