So, Mad had yet another eye doctor appointment yesterday in San Francisco. Going down there has become an all day event due to traffic issues. The my girls are on vacation this week so I knew I would be taking all 3 of them by myself since DH had to work. So I called my Ma and asked if she'd wanna go. We decided to make it into a little girls day out type thing and hang out in the city until 6 or so to miss the traffic. It's funny how a place that really isn't that far away turns into a 12 hour trip. After waiting for an HOUR AND A HALF in the waiting room for her appt. we got the only fast food we could find and went to Golden Gate Park.


I LOVE this place! It's like 40 blocks long and several blocks wide. The trees are so big that in most places you almost can't tell you are in the city. We stopped at the first table I saw so we could eat and feed the baby.


I figured she had to be STARVING but it turned out she would rather pick up garbage and run toward traffic instead.After chasing her around and trying to eat at the same time, I gave up and we headed further into the park.


There's this awesome little lake in the middle where you can rent row boats and paddle boats. In the middle of the lake is a big hill you can hike up or walk around.


The olders two kept trying to climb stuff, the baby tried too but didn't do quite as well.


On one side of the hill is this cute little Chinese building and Belle is under my mom. I kept trying to get her to move so I could SEE her, but she didn't hear me.

Next was an awesome waterfall that comes off the hill and empties into the lake. It's actually really tall! I love the smell and the feel of the mist on my skin.




My little climbers here had to run up the stairs on the side of the waterfall. Makes for a cute picture though.



The baby was getting restless and trying to throw herself out of her stroller so we decided to go to the beach. This is one of my fav beaches. It's right in front of the Park so it's easy to get to and it stretches for MILES. Even if there are tons of people there, everyone is so spread out that you really don't feel crowded.



R started running in and out of the waves with my mom as soon as she could get her shoes off! The weather was a perfect 77 degrees and that was a GREAT thing since the water was like ICE!



At first B wanted to just build and play in the sand. Mad decided to join her, which really suprised me.



Mad LOVED the sand! She loved it in her toes, she loved it on her dress, she even loved it her mouth. She started by just burying B's brand new shoes, but then she started throwing the sand all over herself. By the time we left she was actually using that red thing as a spoon - twice at least - just missed the picture though.




With each both of the older girls I've gotten pictures of them at about the age of two, next to their name in the sand. I tried to do that with Mad but after quite awhile of chasing her and trying to get her to stand still, this was the best shot I got. It's pretty representative of her though, don't ya think?




Now after she was no longer impressed with the sand she started running, and running, and running - for about the next 2 and 1/2 hours. She would run one direction until one of us stopped her (usually me) and then she would run the other way, and on and on it went until she ran into the water. I waited to see what she would do when the cold ass water hit her little feet (keep in mind she HATES baths and well ANY kind of water she has EVER come in contact with). She looked up at me and smiled. Then she took off running for the waves!



We played the running in the waves game until she got knocked down 3 times, then she started running the other direction ;-) I love this picture though. She was running with her sisters and some other kid and when these waves came in they ran right past her! Left her there and of course I HAD to get the shot. I ran and scooped her up JUST before we both got completely drenched.


After she was sufficiently dirty and wet, it was time to go according to her. So we got this pic snapped and loaded up. They were all so tired that they slept the whole way home and didn't even want to wake up for dinner! It was drama but we had a great time. I think that pretty much sums up ALL of our outings pretty well.
Hope you enjoy the pics - I posts just a few ;-) YAY DSL!
TNT

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    I love the photos, especially the sillouettes (sp?) at the beach. I'm glad you guys, scratch that - *gal's* had such a great trip to the city. I guess that 6 hour turned to 12 is why I never made it down. We'll have to do a trip with the kids one day in June when I come out. :) Yay for DSL and hotel internet.

    Rebecca
    Sherry said...
    The pictures are beautiful! They make me miss California! I will definitely have to hit the beach when we come back in the summer (sans swimsuit - haha!) I just love, love, love your picture crazed posts! DSL rocks! What WERE you waiting for?! :)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.