Just thought I would include these pictures cause they were SO cute! This is us on the Jungle Cruise the first day. This big Mexican lady behind me wouldn't move over so the picture is kinda close up - I think it's cute though :-)
This is at Cali Adventure while we were waiting for the others on the Raging Rapids type ride. The water was coming out with such force that you got wet just standing there and it was so loud that you couldn't hear anything else! You totally felt like you were up in the mountains.
Ok so we are back at the morning of our last day in Disneyland we all got up early and felt completely rejuvenated (sp?)! We decided to forego the real breakfast at Dennys (read: chaotic) and just run through the continental at the hotel. Like the first day, by 7:20 we cleaned out the place of good donuts (anything with chocolate) and we were getting ready to go. Since it was a Monday we called and found that the place opened later than we had though, 9:00 and almost thought to wait and hang out there for awhile. Then we remembered how damn long it takes to get all 7 (SEVEN) of us out the door and in the truck! So we figured getting there a little early was a lot better than a lot late. We threw our stuff together and headed out. When we got there it was like a ghost town! On the way from the tram through Downtown Disney we passed by a Sunglass Hut Kiosk for the FORTIETH time and after having left my glasses at home I said - yes, I think I will get myself some GOOD sunglesses! DH always gets Oakleys so I figured I was due some that cost more than $5 ;-) So he got some coffee at the little kiosk next door and I bought my some awesome Gucci glasses that I LOVE!
Now this ENTIRE time, R has been saying “I DON’T LIKE ROLLER COASTERS” - they go too fast, they’re scarry - blah blah right? Well, I assumed by all of her reasoning that she had actually BEEN on one - I was wrong! She just decided she hated them and refused to try! Did the same thing to her dad when he took them a few months ago. M - and even B - desperately wanted to go on the Matterhorn Bobsled ride and R said “well - I’ll just wait down here then” - she said that about the Haunted Mansion too but I made her try it ;-) So I thought, maybe they won’t be so scared of a roller coaster in Toon Town. So we get in line for Gadgets Something or other Coaster. They were all about it! Totally excited, even R. So I notice as we get in line that this is a FAST ride. I kept waiting for her to say something, but she never did. So after about 10 minutes in line I say - “So ya know, B can go on this ride. And she can go on the Bobsleds too. And if you haven’t noticed this ride goes just about as fast as the Bobsled ride. Do you really think she could go on that one if it was any worse than this one?” She just said that she didn’t like roller coasters cause they were too fast and too scarry. Then this mom in front of us pipes up and says - “my kids LOVED the bobsleds, they went on it TWICE!” - the kids were 3 (THREE) . . . She didn’t say much after that ;-)
I was a little concerned after we got off the ride what they all thought about it because it was pretty damn fast! And typical of roller coasters there were loops and drops and turns. THEY LOVED IT! We got off and ALL THREE KIDS yelled - LET’S GO AGAIN! I was thrilled and so were they! The line was too long though and Brandon had just called for us to meet him for lunch so we had to skeedadle outta Toon Town!
We decided to peruse Downtown Disney and grab lunch out there so the kids and I hoped the Monorail and headed out. We met DH at the outside martini bar which come to find out, also has food! ;-) So fed the kids sandwiches and got them some kickass fries and DH and I each got a dish, and a mini cocktail (mini = only one) ;-D - to help ease the pain and stress of a third day here. Then after a third day of seeing all these tourists with funky hats and how cute the kids all looked, I thought we should get some too! We all ended up picking the cutest baseball caps and looked just too cute in them.
We then headed back into California Adventure. We went on the water ride - AGAIN. And walked around the Hollywood Studios area and decided to take in a few shows like the Muppet 3D show - which in my opinion is damn funny and VERY well done. I don’t know if the kids really got the humor, then again I don’t think I did until MUCH later either! The whole thing was just really really entertaining. After that we went on a Monster’s Inc. ride and while waiting in line for that we started talking about going back to get Mad and Gramma and it just exhausted me. I was almost literally falling asleep on my feet and my feet and legs were hurting so bad I couldn’t stand up and just the thought of running around after Mad and dealing with his over bearing over correcting mother - I just couldn’t do it. So I thought maybe we go back to the hotel and NAP. We could rest, hang out with the baby, eat dinner, and take the kids back for the fireworks without being pissy and tired and snippy - which we were becoming quickly. So that is what we did.
It helped so much just to lay down for awhile - I didn’t sleep because Mad kept stepping on my hair or banging me in the head with toys and Gramma kept yammering about nothing - but even that little bit of rest helped IMMENSLEY. We ate the dinner there in our little room and rushed to get ready to head out again. We thought there was a laser show too - but found out it was weekends only. Since we had some time to kill I though ‘Hey, why not try the Bobsleds?’ - R seemed really anxious about it but the other two were so excited and wanted it so badly - I think she did it for them. We got in line and were on within 5 minutes! Good thing too - less time for R to freak out and jump the ropes ;-) I started to think about the seating arrangement the closer we got because I wanted to hold on to R and B so they wouldn’t be scared and thus scar them for LIFE on roller coasters! But the seats were too small…I had to hold on to B so R would either have to go alone or with M. So B and I hoped in the front, R and M behind us, DH pullin up the rear. I tried to get them excited but I was like terrified they were going to be terrified! The ride was a lot more jerky than I remember, but its still the Matterhorn I remember loving as a kid with my Papa. I love the scary roaring monster and the water falls and the creepy red eyes in the dark! The whole time I was screaming but in like the fun way so the kids would see that its nothing to be scared of, nothing can hurt you. At one point I heard R scream behind me and I couldn’t tell if it was scared or not. B did too and held on tight! We got off and from the face-wide smiles and HUGE eyes I could see they LOVED IT! They start screaming “OH MAN OH MAN - THAT WAS THE BEST RIDE EVER! CAN WE DO IT AGAIN?!” I was quite relieved. I asked if she was scared and R said “NO! Couldn’t you hear my screaming?” It was great - absolutely great.
After that we decided to end the night with the Pirates of the Caribbean, end the trip the way we started it. We walked right on that ride too! We came out and thought we should get a snack and find a seat for the fireworks, but turned out the line for the ride went so fast we had 45 minutes still! SO - working off the adreniline from the Matterhorn, I said “Hey! Let’s try the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!” The kids all said “YEAH!” I didn’t even expect that! So we ran and got in line. B was just barely big enough and so I sat with her in the front and DH held on to R and M behind us. That was the LONGEST, BEST roller coaster I have been on in a LONG time! It was DH’s first time too and after we got off - everyone - including him - said “THAT WAS THE BEST RIDE EVER!” It was pretty damn fast too! I loved it!
Now it was time to look for a place to hunker down for the show. Just as we were leaving Adventure Land I looked at the Enchanted Tiki Room and said - like I had 20 times that trip - we should go on that! Just as I said that a “Cast Member” says “Last call for the last show - You’ll be out in time for fireworks!” - DH and I looked at each other and said WHAT THE HELL. It was so borring that B fell asleep on me. I guess it was one of the first attractions, before pirates even, and BOY you can tell! It was just a bunch of birds singing and stuff - I thought it would be more scary I guess, whatever. So now I am CARRYING around a 4 ½ year old in my arms - dead asleep. She was just so tired I couldn’t make her wake up to walk more. So we FINALLY found a bench and sat down to wait. DH went and got us all snacks and we watched the best fireworks show EVER.
It wasn’t just a show - there were lasers and speakers and a person dressed up as TinkerBell who “flew” around Sleeping Beauty’s Castle! The castle lit up in different colors and the speakers had different parts from all the rides that coordinated with the fireworks! There were bubbles too. It was just HUGE - so much detail and coordination - absolutely amazing. Way worth the trouble and rushing masses leaving the park at the same time!
The best part of the whole trip was on the way out. DH carried belle for me all the way out and too the tram. He was holding hands with R and she looks up to him and says - “I’m glad my mom married you.” - He looked at her surprised and asked why thinking she would say the whole Disneyland thing but she said “Cause you are always so nice to me and B. You swing us around just like you do M and do stuff for us all the time.” - He looked at me as she said that I didn’t hear her yet but when he told me what she said, he teared up. That meant a lot to him, to us both actually.
Labels: My Adventures, My Family, My Love, My PICTURES