So today I felt bored and kinda bad about not doing anything with my kids and becoming sedentary so at like 9 AM I packed em up (it took a lot longer than it sounds actually) and we headed down to Lodi Lake. They have a cute little nature trail there and I thought it would give us some time outside in this AMAZING March weather and hopefully get me outta my funk.





I took Mad outta her stroller so she could walk around and get good and tired for her nap when we got home (BOY did she! she slept for almost 4 hours!!) The nature area is full of little trails that go here and there and lead up to the banks of the Mokelumne River.



The girls ran up and down every little path they could find. They are quite the explorers! Mad and I went up the ones we could but she mostly just slid down on her butt so we trecked on.




It takes a good hour or so to complete the trail, if you have 3 kids anyway. But Mad kept trying to keep up with the older girls and get ahead whenever she could.


This is a beach that I used to go and hang out on when I was 15. Me and my friend would get snacks and a "boom box", wade in the water, sunbath, and jet ski with random people who would come by and ask us if we wanted to - I know I know, real smart - but we were 15, what the hell did we know? I didn't really trust Mad on the sand so close to the water after our last experience with a beach, plus she was being a butt, so I had to strap her into the stroller. I had to ply her with snacks just to get her to sit still long enough to snap this picture. She's just watching the girls play (sitting on the log), but she was snacking so I think she was ok with it :-)

I love the nature area at Lodi Lake. It's a small area where you can just walk or relax (if you don't have 3 kids anyway) and feel somewhat away from it all, or whatever. They look so cute here. The only way to get Mad to smile is to snort - yes snort - like a piggy. Whatever works man.

One thing she does get into is SLIDES! At the entrance to Lodi Lake they have a cute little park play area and of course we had to stop on the way out. SHE LOVES SLIDING!

R, ever my little helper, had to stand at the top and make her sit down or else she would just walk off the edge of the slide! She got really close until Rianna grabbed her - NO FEAR MAN, NO FEAR.

I just thought this shot was cute :-)

So we got home and my internet was down so I thought I might go MAD when she slept for four hours and I couldn't do anything! I've been in such a funk lately and it seems that I only feel better when I am doing something on the computer. I don't know why. So I thought I would make a nice dinner for my poor sick hubby who was going to get home late. I got pretty courageous since I don't cook much and decided to just pick a couple new receipes and throw em together - HA. I went to the store and had to leave before I got everything cause the baby was throwing such a damn fit. I ended up forgetting the main ingredient - CHICKEN - so we had to drive back, park again, go back in and get it and go home. Lets just say it doesn't look like the picture ok. I overcooked the roasted cauliflower and I don't even know WHAT I did to the chicken or the sauce. DH said he loved it, but he has to say that. So most of it is on the stove or on our plates. I guess it wasn't bad, just not good either. The only good thing was that I discovered I can watch my favorite show (LOOOOOOOOOOST) the next day online (YAY DSL) since I am a tired ol lady and can't stay up past 9 anymore (LOOOOOOOOST is on at 10!) So we snuggled up and watched it online with my fav wine, the best part of the meal.

So that's all for tonight. Hope your dinner was better than mine ;-)

TNT

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Those pictures at Lodi Lake are so cute. I really like the shot of the girls in the tunnel slide - very creative. So a four hour nap, that is awesome! Did you do any scrappy stuff? I miss you so much and wish I could come over and hang out. I hope you start feeling better. Good for you to try a new recipe, I know I get nervous doing that - especially with husbands who are such good cooks. Love you!

    Rebecca
    Melanie Faith said...
    Your little ones are so cute! ^_^

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.