Well Happy Mother's Day to all you mama's out there! I hope you got to relax/get out/do SOMETHING different than the norm!






Mother's Day round these parts wasn't too bad. And I say that will all love to my honey cause he really did A LOT to make it special for me. Including letting me have Mother's Day WEEKEND ;-) I just figure, we moms do so much for EVERYONE around us that one day is just not enough! So I have decided it is now known as mother's day weekend. That started when I wanted to watch something on TV and just blurted it out "HEY! It's mothers day weekend!" Then Saturday it was mother's day EVE. So that was pretty good cause he totally went with it. Partially because he didn't have a lot of extra money after this stupid boat CRAP so he got my flowers and a bottle of champagne, B made me a flower pot in preschool with our pic, and R got me a double frame with pics of her and B all dressed up and scrapped me a card! Sweet.



Now I know the usual ritual is to let me sleep in Sunday, the girls and he make me breakfast and I just sorta lounge around drinking mimosas all day. But come sunday morning, I just wanted something different. So after the baby was up at 6 I said (half-awake) "I wanna go to the beach" which probably sounded like 'wahanna go beahhhhh' but whatever ;-) So then when we both were more fully awake around 8 we decided yeah, we're gonna go hang out in the sun! We're gonna find a nice quiet beach and let the kids run and have fun and I'll relax and enjoy this nice bottle of champange he got me! HA!




So after changing the kids about 12 times - each - we finally left the house at 11:00!





Then we had to stop for lunch (woohoo - I traded THIS in loo of a lovely mothers day breakfast - go me! ;-).




Then gas. Then a store for benedryl (Mad keeps getting these red cheeks and nose - thought it was allergies). THEN we were on our way! They slept most of the way...





And 3 hours later...we found our beach. This is Dillon Beach. It was actually supposed to be the warmest on the coast that day and least windy - HA! I do love this beach though. The first time DH and I went away while we were dating we camped here. Over to your left here they have a camp site on the other side of the dunes. I was AWESOME. We put up the tent, shared a bottle of wine on the beach watching the sunset, then camped and had a great inexpensive brunch at the cafe over looking all of this - aaaaaahhhhhhh...the pre-Mad days.






So the girls ran and played in the cold-ASS water and we set up our little area. We were a little suprised because it was going to be near 90 at home and when we got out of the truck at the beach it was like bitterly cold! It was so windy I STILL have sand in my ears! I was scrapping sand off my face for HOURS after we left.



So playing in the water didn't last long... The older girls played in the sand with DH while Mad...



ate a sandy cookie - pretty much EVERYTHING was sandy at that point so she really didn't care and it kept her from chasing the kites and dogs and kids and seaweed and waves and EVERYTHING else she was running around after.




I enjoyed my champange :-D (oh yeah - that's sand in my glass alright)


So after R falling in the water and getting all wet and cold, the wind REALLY picking up, eating about a pound of sand, and Mad taking off in every direction, I decided this wasn't all that relaxing. So we packed up to head home. Still determined to get my damn picture, I started writing our names in the sand - by the time I had finished writing MOMMY the M was already blown away. SO I SAID F@&* IT. We still tried to get a pic of us but the it didn't go quite how I had hoped ;-)




We had all worn white shirts so I made the girls take off their jackets so we could see them, I forgot too :-/ and they were ALLL PISSSED OFF. So yeah, that is the look of 'damn it mom it's windy and I'm COLD and I could give a CRAP about your picture!' sighhhhhhh.... maybe next year . . . or something.


I am glad we got out of the house though. Even if everything in this house is still covered in sand. I am such a beach baby. I would have stayed if the kids weren't there, but that was why I wanted to go in the first place, they love it ALMOST as much as me ;-) OK, so now that you are totally bored with the really long boring post I will let you go...and I'll tell you about BOAT FIXER GUY NUMBER 4 (yeah FOUR) tomorrow cause the saga should be over by then.


WISH US LUCK! TNT...

3 Comments:

  1. Melanie Faith said...
    This was a great post! Your kiddos look just like you. ;)
    Rebecca said...
    You tell a story so bad that I want to go along - even if it's a Wendy's for breakfast, long car ride, sand in your ears kind of trip. :) And hey, now you had a funny story to blog and great stuff to journal when you scrap it. The pics are great and I *totally* think you should make a big picture out of the Wendy's cup, like 6x12 and just have 3x3's of you & the kids - cuz that would make sense like a burrito. *By the way, if you don't get that - it's been waaay to long since we've scrapped together*
    Rebecca said...
    I also forgot to tell you, Mother's Day weekend - that rocks.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.