So our Memorial Day Weekend was somewhat uneventful.
Friday started with Mad covered in hives. Her cheeks were on FIRE and I ended up taking her to the doc to see what was up. Well, you can imagine what most people in offices are doing on the Friday before a holiday weekend, this was no exception. She took a look at her, said it was heat rash and sent us on our way. I tried, I really did, to tell her that was not it and why but it just didn't matter. She was feeling better Saturday so we went ahead with our day out together plans.
We started out Saturday with the intentions of taking out our new sail boat on it's maiden voyage and left for Arnold and White Pines Lake in the late morning. We got there but there were TONS of people around the lake and seeing as how this was our FIRST attempt at sailing we decided to go somewhere a little less crowded. So we went further up into the mountains heading for Spicer Resevoir.
It's funny, whenever we go driving in the mountains on all those windy roads, he like HUGS the wheel - it was funny so I took a pic :-D
This was on the way to the lake, HELLA FAR.
So we get there and load the boat into the water, in front of LOTS of people, inevitable on Memorial Day I guess. We get the boat in the water, load our wine and snacks, park the truck up a BIG ASS hill, then we ATTEMPT to get IN the boat...yeah. The wind is WHIPPING the sale back and forth so hard it was yanking the boat and DH around with it. And parked next to us on the loading dock is some older-than-dirt guy and his older-than-that buddy. The guys are watching us like an old BassMasters episode. Finally, as I ATTEMPT to get into the boat, Old Guy 1 says "You guys got life jackets?" DH says "Nah, we'll be alright" - truthfully, we just didn't think about it. So then DH ATTEMPTS to get in the boat and they Old Guy 1 says "You gonna drown out there with no life jackets ya know..." then after DH gets in the boat the guy says "Takin on some water in the back there...Ya gonna drown your pretty lil girlfriend there ya know" - Then, just as he said that I notice my ass is soaking wet and the boat is filling with water. Now, if you have seen the movie Tommy Boy, image the Fat Guy in a Little Coat song and replace that with boat and replace the coat rip with a boat sinking and that was pretty much our experience.
Fat guys in a little boat...fat guys in a LITTLE BOOOAAAAT...you're singing it now aren't you?? ;-)
So we got out and decided that it just wasn't going to work at that place at that time so I ran up the hill to get the truck and OF COURSE Old Guy 1 says to me something about I told ya or some crap so I just said "Yep, guess we're just to FAT I GUESS." and ran my fat ass up the hill to get the truck. We tried it again in a less windy, and crowded local but had the same results minus the fat cracks. So, beaten down, we decided to leave and head home since we had already wasted most of the day on the drive up there. We stopped at our favorite brewery SnowShoe Brew and had an early dinner, then headed home a little earlyR but had a good evening at home. We won't be sailing again until one of two things happens 1. we get a bigger boat or 2. we lose 50 lbs - EACH.
Fat guys in a little boat...fat guys in a LITTLE BOOOAAAAT...you're singing it now aren't you?? ;-)
So we got out and decided that it just wasn't going to work at that place at that time so I ran up the hill to get the truck and OF COURSE Old Guy 1 says to me something about I told ya or some crap so I just said "Yep, guess we're just to FAT I GUESS." and ran my fat ass up the hill to get the truck. We tried it again in a less windy, and crowded local but had the same results minus the fat cracks. So, beaten down, we decided to leave and head home since we had already wasted most of the day on the drive up there. We stopped at our favorite brewery SnowShoe Brew and had an early dinner, then headed home a little earlyR but had a good evening at home. We won't be sailing again until one of two things happens 1. we get a bigger boat or 2. we lose 50 lbs - EACH.
Sunday we went out to the new house. We had some things to take to storage and thought the time out of the house would be good for all of us. It was nice. We stopped by the model (of course ;-) and went by ours.
We are now well into the drywall phase. They are getting ready for texture and stucco on the outside.
AND...the pool has water in it! I don't know why that matters since I can't swim in it yet but YAY!
Then we came home and DH spent the rest of the day working on the MILs house and I spent the rest of the day dealing with a very uncomfortable baby. My mom brought over some stuff to ease her suffering and hung out for awhile and that was good.
Today has been pretty much the same. The kids are getting along pretty well, I am getting a lot done around the house and DH is working on the house and fighting with the crazyiness that lives next door. So, uneventful but not entirely boring. And Saturday did A LOT for getting us both on the healthy train so thats good. Hope all of your weekends were more fun than mine!
TNT!
Labels: My Love, My Self, Rockwell Manor
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
May 28, 2007 at 3:10 PMI'm sorry you guys had a disappointing sailing trip. That's fun that you now have a sailboat though. I hope future ventures are more fun, minus the older than dirt guy & friend & rude comments. The house looks like it is coming along great & pool right outside your door - yay! And I can't think of a 'just in case' where broken pieces of concrete would come in hand but um...okay. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)