Tomorrow, Tomorrow . . . you're only 6 days aWAY! ;-) Sorry it took awhile...I just have been busy and tired and overwhelmed and busy and well, you know.

So. Monday evening was rough. I would love to tell you all what happened with said BOAT FIXER GUY NUMBER FOUR, but my honey says he would rather I not. I can say that the saga (AND BOY WAS IT!) is over. It got awhole lot worse but is now over and that is the best news EVER. So...

I guess not too much has been going on. Actually it is suprising how I just don't think of stuff unless it just happened. I mean if something happens on a Monday and I think about and post about it on Monday or Tuesday then there you go, but if I wait and decide to try posting about it a few days later...it just doesn't seem important. Well, that and I have forgotten all details ;-) Sometimes I can't even remember what happened during the week by the time the weekend gets here.

Mostly what we have been up to is thinking about and preparing for the house. I had to get all the kids' info turned in to the new school this week. I actually hadn't thought about it too much until this week and I called the new school to see what I needed. They told me I needed to get our stuff turned in ASAP because 5th grade was filling up FAST and they may have to transfer ONE of my kids to another school! THAT WOULD HAVE SUCKED! I could just imagine getting up to meet their dad half way some mornings and then taking and dropping B off and then driving and dropping of R. Not to mention, how do you pick up kids at two different schools at the same time?? Well, Friday was the day from CRAP. I ran around everywhere getting all their paperwork together and then had to run all the way down there to turn it in. So Mad didn't get a nap and was a pain in my rear end everywhere we went. The good news was though that I just barely skidded in and we're good to go!

Then I picked up my oldest at her afterschool thing for an awards assembly and I was the ONLY parent there! There were like 10 kids in her class, 15 in the other and I was the ONLY parent that showed up for the little awards thing. I was REALLY glad I went, I think(read: HOPE) she was too. You never know what age they go from wanting you around all the time to being embarassed by having their mommy there. I'm already trying to prepare myself for that stage so I don't make too big of a deal of it to her or myself. It's a normal progression and I don't want to take it personal or make her feel bad for growing up. I'm already preparing myself for the 'talk', you know 'birds, bees, and BOYS'. I really don't want to make her uncomfortable by being uncomfortable with her about it. It's is VITALLY important to make sure kids have the correct information and that they can communicate with you. I'm not talking about being 'friends' or anything, I just want her to know she can talk to me when she needs to know stuff and know that I will love her no matter what. Thank kind of came up the other day, not the birds and bees stuff (THANK GOD) but just incorrect information she got from a teacher that was really disturbing her. We had to get into the whole discussion of how SOME teachers teach OPINIONS and not FACTS and what the difference was, and why they were WRONG and why she doesnt have to be scared (OF THE DRAFT!), and how the governmental process works and ON AND ON! It was very indepth discussion and I was so GLAD that she had the thought to ask me or tell me that something upset her. When you're a kid you believe that teachers are teachers and therefore they know everything and what they say is fact. That is THAT! NOT THE CASE ANY MORE MY FRIENDS! I'll talk about that tomorrow, after I have a little conversation with the school that is...

Anyways. So yesterday we decided to clear out what we had left in our storage here so we didnt have to pay for it anymore since it was just a few little things, mostly his moms stuff was left from the last move. Then DH brought up getting a storage out in O-town since they just opened a new one a block from our new house! This way we can start moving stuff out of here NOW as we pack it and then we can move stuff in the same way. It looks like the house may not be ready until LATE August and school starts on the 14th! So for 2 weeks possibly I could be driving the kids to/from school from HERE everyday! 3 times a day! So I figured that once the house is done but we are busy tearing out floors and counters and painting, I could take them to school then go over to storage, grab some boxes and unpack while I wait for the kids to get out! Try and get some stuff done instead of waisting time driving back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth again!) I am hoping that works out timing wise. Either way, having a storage is going be a faster way of getting this stuff OUT OF HERE! w00t! :-D

So we went and did that yesterday with all the kids. Then he came back and took another load while I packed some more. Then we took a final load and decided to spend some time in our new neighborhood. We parked by our new house and walked by the pool and the house (drywall stage now - YAY!) then took the kids on the bike trail. It was like 7:30 or so and still nice outside. The bike trail that goes along behind some houses is all lit up and so CUTE! It had the yellow dashes in the middle and had lanes set up so bikers and walkers don't run into each other. It just look all mini and cute, I'll have to take a picture next time. YEAH THATS RIGHT, i forgot AGAIN. I am starting to feel like a failure as a blogger and scrapper! It was fun though, they ran and ran and ran some more and we walked and talked. We kept thinking about how it would be when we could do that after dinner with out the 45 minute drive home ;-) It really felt good too and they loved it! We kept thinking how different it felt there than any neighborhood either of us had ever lived in, child or adult. Maybe it's just because of who we are now, the family we are. He said he never thought he'd find a place we could live in that was affordable, yet sophisticated and not yuppie cityfied. But it's not countryfied either! Its not so much country as slow paced and still sophisticated. I absolutely love it. I really think I'll be able to walk that bike trail several times a week and work towards my health goals. It was just so damn easy! We could walk out the door and be there in less than a minute! And Mad is contained and semi content as long as we are moving so that works out great for both of us! And I won't have to worry about paying for/going to a gym and being around all those little tight bodies when mine is ... well ... NOT. So that will help with my insecurity probs until I can work to get over them, which I am.

I am just so filled with hope right now. For the house, for our lives, our family, the school situation, my health - so many things. I still have concerns about things, but I feel more able to handle them, just like I always do. I can't worry about everything that could happen, that would just be a waste of time and energy and create a bad frame of mind. So that I will work on too.

It's funny, I keep thinking of all this other stuff I could write/talk/blog about but then I'm like 'chill chica, save it for another day - leave em wanting more!' - as if all of you out there in the blogoshere are waiting for me to talk about something ;-) Well this will do for today I suppose and I will be back...someday ;-)

TNT!

2 Comments:

  1. Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...
    As an aside: I am going to leave myself a note on what topics I would like to talk about (at length I AM SURE):
    1. The BBQ I am braving today - with four kids - and no hubby!(if I make it through the day!)
    2. The reason my poor 9yr old was losing sleep
    3. My feelings on the negative connotations that go along with buying a townhouse/condo/apartment
    4. And um...something else I'm sure :-D
    Rebecca said...
    Wow. What you were lacking in frequency you made up for in quantity. I'm glad that the boat drama is done {and I feel special that I know the *exclusive* details}. :P I think it's a good thing that you don't always have yesterday's drama on your mind to post the next day or two. Although I do miss you posting more regularly. I am so so glad that you got both girls at the same school - that would have been crazy. It sounds like you guys had a great time in your new 'hood. I am so excited for you guys. The creek trail sounds awesome. We had one near our old house that we used to take walks on or ride our bikes. Of course the last time I was on it there was graffiti all over and it was a popular hang out for delinquents. Taking walks at night after dinner in the summer is a relaxing thing to do. I'm interested to get the scoop on what happened with Rianna & her teacher - the draft????? I'm so glad you guys are already packing stuff up and moving it out of the house - even if it's to storage for now, that's a great idea. I am so happy & excited for you. And not just because of the house but because of your excitement & outlook on things right now. Yay!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.