Our first trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom as a family :)
This year we got season passes as a gift and BOY have used them! This was Madelyn & I's 7th trip I think! They were SOOOO worth the price! We have had the most amazing trips and finally we all got to come together! They have the park all decked out for the holidays and it's just beautiful!
We also finally made the tiger show! They were training 2 new tigers so it wasn't as exciting as usual, but still fun :)
Then we went whale watching and grabbed a snack.
Then it was on to the rides!!
The kids always love this gorilla ride, I think it's the loud music and all the spinning lol *BLECH*
But I toughed it out for this little face ;)
Then the kids went on the demented tea cup ride *not the actual name* and I ran back to the gorilla to fetch my camera ;)
Next was the shark exhibit which was a lot cooler when they had the Saw Head Shark *not sure if thats the actual name* MAN that thing was WEIRD LOOKIN! He's gone now, maybe there was a saw-related incident.
Lil Miss in front of a tree with animal face ornaments, I'm not sure why.
All of my babies, having an AMAZING time!
Then it was time to split. The issue that comes up with having so many kids such a distance apart, is that they want to do (and CAN do) very different rides. So whenever I go with the older kids, I take another adult to run the older kids around. I usually take Lil Miss to the Toon Town area, which is SUPER cute and she has a GREAT time in!
They have TONS of rides that are just her size and she can pretty much run right from one ride to the next!
She also always makes a point to stop by Bugs Bunny's house to see if he's home ... maybe next time ;)
They also have a little stage and some cute little magic/dancing shows. She saw it start up and just had to stop!
After the show we met up with the others in the Christmas Tree Forrest *actual name, very misleading*
It wasn't so much a forest as a hill side of trees and cardboard houses. But hey it was pretty with the lights.
Then we met some characters! Lil Miss loves hugging characters, she just get SO excited! I think she thinks it's really them ;)
I was amazed with the amount of GOOD pictures I was getting of all 4 of them!
So they just kept jumping on anything that would stand still long enough ;)
Next we went on the Cobra, a family favorite :) This was Lil Miss's very first roller coaster and she still LOVES it! This was her first time riding without me! I was VERY VERY NERVOUS. I was just sure I was going to see her head bounce off of something or fly out completely!
None of that happened of course, but you know how it is lol. This I think was the first time he and I have ever ridden a roller coaster in the same seat! It marks the beginning, and end, of an era :)
Then the boys decided to ride one of the BIG ONES. The Boy was JUST big enough to go and he COULDN'T CONTAIN HIMSELF. So they ran off and left us girls.
Teen decided that her fear of heights was too much for the ride and stayed behind. She took quite a bit of flack for that! She talked a WHOLE LOTTA MESS when The Boy said he might not go on a big ride, and again to DH when HE said he didn't want to go on the big swing ride. Now when all that mess came back round to her ... well she didn't take it so well.
I pulled her aside and pointed out that she was only getting back what she gave out ... I may have mentioned that she was acting like her dad ... SHE WAS THOUGH ... and I think THAT was what made her change her attitude. She actually apologized and agreed to go on another ride. Meanwhile, I treated my little shorties to a churro ;)
When she came back she was SO jazzed! They all were! So I decided to see if I could convince Teen to go on the Medusa and conquer her fear. She agreed so we ran off before she could back out! There was NO ONE there so we literally ran on to the ride! I decided to "help" her confront her fear HEAD ON ... so we got in the front row :) Of a ride with no front ... just you and the chest harness you cling to for your life. I told her how proud I was of her and patted her scared little knee as we reached the top of the ride and looked over into the drop ... my word the drop. It made MY stomach drop! That was the BEST ride EVER! I was nervous she would be scared but I screamed and laughed my heart out hoping it would help her to know that everything was ok. And I heard her screaming right along with me :) It was AWESOME!
Now, the reason I usually take Lil Miss to Toon Town and have other people take the big kids is because apparently I have the stomach of an 80 year old woman. I got off that ride and felt like I had been on a crab boat for a month. I have issues with motion sickness :-/
Going on that ride was NOT the smartest thing I have ever done. It was bad. REAL REAL BAD.
Thankfully, we decided it was time for the sun to set on this perfect day and we headed to the truck. Since we try to keep costs down, we waited to eat dinner *good thing for me* so we went in search of a Jack In the Box. Well I made it about as far as the parking lot before I lost my lunch. At least I had a ziplock bag with me ;) It was a ROUGH trip home but we made it. And to hear how many times each of the kids said "This is the BEST DAY EVER" made even the throwing up in the parking lot of the Jack in the Box, totally worth it :)
Labels: My Adventures, My Family, My Holidays, My PICTURES