Christmas morning came oh so quickly to our house!

We set the alarm and woke the kids up at 6am so they had time to open stockings and Santa gifts before heading to their other parents' homes.

Lil Miss didn't seem to mind ;)

After opening their gifts and DH left to take The Boy to his mom's, I started the cinnimon rolls (our standard Christmas tradition :) and the kids started playing with their new toys. I LOVE Christmas for that! The kids will just play and play ...

and play ...

and play! ALL DAY! I barely hear a PEEP out of them!

Poor Flower Child was fighting a pretty good fever and was pretty beat, but she seemed to perk up after awhile.

Meanwhile Lil Miss curled up with daddy ...

and he played with HIS new toy too ;)

Just before my girls left to go with their dad I had DH take a few pics for me ... I can't believe how big they're getting :) They are so beautiful and I just adore them so.

And shortly after they left I had my annual Christmas Meltdown, complete with tears. I don't know what it is, but it get so quiet and I realize that they are off having Christmas with another family, and they aren't HERE ... with ME ... where they SHOULD BE. It's totally selfish and I don't like it, but there it is. I get all sad and cry and overwhelmed with the craziness of the house even though it didn't bother me when they were there :-/ Egh ... it just sucks. It's hard to explain.

So I poured myself a glass of champagne, changed into my jammies, and took a nap LOL

It helped ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.