Christmas Day for us came a day early this year. Today DH went to get The Boy early and I finished up some last minute gifts.

As soon as the men folk got home, I sent all the kids to get dressed and we commenced with present opening!!

Lil Miss just about broke her face from smiling so much when she got this color-your-own playhouse from her gramma :)

Flower Child is loving that she's starting to get 'older kid stuff' and LOVES her bracelet ... and the money ;)

The Boy enjoyed his Air Hogs aaaaaaall day ...

And Teen literally CRIED when she opened her phone :)

*I* literally cried when I opened this :)

It's my grandmother's wedding ring. She and I were VERY close and I used to LOVE trying on her ring. She would let me dress up in all of the family's wedding dresses and wear her ring :) She died about 13 years ago. She and my grandpa had the most amazing relationship. It's something I've always looked up to. Recently I find myself in a very similar life situation as what she had. I've felt very close to her, come to understand her in a way I couldn't before. My mom had her ring but couldn't wear it so this year she finally passed it on to me :) I just can't express how much it means to me :)

The kids ran through their gifts and finally got to MY gift to them :) I made each of them a blanket. Now, it wasn't a hard blanket to make, but I did OBSESS over each one to the point of exhaustion so it means a lot to me ;) I had them each open them at the same time and it was SO cute! They were SO happy with them! It made me so happy to see each of them look at their blankets and know how much thought and time I put into each one :) They are GREAT kids!

Lil Miss playing with her stuff :)

My pretty simple table set up.

I have been pinning and pinning and pinning all kinds of ideas for Christmas tablescapes and THIS is what i did lol.

It's not bad I guess, just kind of ... boring. Maybe next year :)

MMMMM one of my favorite things about Christmas is PRIME RIB!! DH asked if I wanted to just do turkey this year to save money and I think he must have looked over at me because he said "I guess not then." lol I am just SO DONE with turkey lol

My sweet baby girl :)

After dinner and some yummy pumpkin pie, the kids got wrapped up in their new jammies and it was about time for Nana to head home. I'm so glad she's able to come out for Christmas :) Hopefully this time next year, she'll be living in town!

Then it was time to get ready for Santa! They each picked out a good to put out for the big guy and it was time to head to bed! Another thing I love about our set up this year is that all of the gifts are DONE except the stockings and Santa's gift so I only had 2 things to wrap and I was DONE!! I filled the stockings, set out the gifts and was ready for be bed! Which was a good things since we have to get up at 6am Christmas morning to make sure The Boy is off to his mom's on time :-/

It was an AMAZING Christmas :) I couldn't ask for a more sweet and loving family, this was the BEST year yet!

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Looks like you all had a lovely Christmas. :) The blankets look great. How exciting that your mom is moving to town, that will be great for you all.
    Rebecca said...
    Oh & I forgot to say that the same thing happened to me with pinterest but with my gift wrapping. Pinned soooo many great (and relatively easy) ideas but it ended up so plain.
    Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...
    Thanks :) and yeah Pinterest is bad for that :-/ In some ways it made me feel like I didn't do enough! I'm sure it was still pretty, all your stuff is!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.