So that was last week ...
This week looks pretty similar minus all the fun birthday stuff :)
But with all of the stuff that needs to be done I decided we needed to take a moment and enjoy something simple and holidaysy.
In our little town we have a park that gets all dolled up for the holidays and it looks just BEAUTIFUL. A bunch of businesses and schools in town make a donation and in return, get a small tree, put them up in the park, and decorate them! I wish this picture did justice :) Now we've lived here for several years but we've never gotten out and actually walked the sidewalk and checked them out, so when Lil Miss asked to do that this year I thought it would be a GREAT opportunity for a little Christmas fun :)
My older girls are with their dad for a few days so it was just us 3 tonight and it's fun to do special things just our little family.So after dinner, we went to Starbucks across the street from the park to grab dessert and a coffee for the walk.
She was SO excited! So was I to tell the truth! It was chilly but my peppermint mocha more than helped! It was foggy but it made the lights glow in such a beautiful way :)
This tree was donated and decorated by Lil Miss's school :) and it was her favorite!
Until she found the pink one donated by the Women's Center ;) She LOVED that one, it was her other favorite ;)
DH's favorite was donated by the Lyons Club, and it's hard to see here but it was VERY pretty with blue and silver.
My favorite was donated by the hospital and it was just so pretty to me, decorated in ALL white!
And this was Lil Miss's OTHER other favorite, donated by the Tractor Supply Company ;) It was very cute with it's string of lights in the shape of shotgun shells LOL
I'm so glad we went, it was nice to just take a moment and enjoy some time together smelling the roses ... I mean trees ;)
Labels: My Family, My Holidays