This year we have our older kids for Christmas Eve, meaning they go to their other parents early on Christmas morning. Honestly, this is my favorite set up and I wish we could have it this way every year.
The only issue really, is that I LOSE A WHOLE DAY of preparation! I have to have everything made, hot-glued, tied, wrapped, assembled, cooked, and baked A WHOLE DAY EARLY! So on Friday, the 23rd, it was basically our Christmas Eve and I was in a TIZZY I tell you. It was a scene.
So after dinner was thrown at the kids and I had a moment to spare, I set up a fun little thing for them to do while I finished up some things.I saw the cutest idea on Pinterest for a Gingerbread House Party using graham crackers! So I picked up a box plus 2 cans of frosting, and a few different candies for decorating at the dollar store, and we were set!
They were having SO much fun and being so creative! I KNEW the hubs would get a total kick out of it too so I issued something of a challenge heh.He was ALL about it ;)
Lil Miss's house had some ... structural issues ...
But it looked like it tasted just as good.
Teen and her house ...
Love the walk way and the door knob ;)
Flower Child and her house ...
Complete with snow covered tree, bushes, wreath on the side of the house, and on the others side, a witch ... lol
DH and his split level A frame chalet LOL
I love the wreath and the candy cane forest, not to mention of course the pretzel shingles ;)
This was SUCH a fun project! Listening to them coming up ideas for it was so cool, and it kept them busy for HOURS! It was relatively inexpensive so I might just keep some of these supplies on hand for vacation moments of boredom :)
Labels: My Family, My Holidays, My PICTURES
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
December 26, 2011 at 4:19 PMHow fun!