I heart fall ya'll {I am now required by O-town law to use the word "ya'll", ya'll}. To me, it's the start of cooler weather, rain {I love the rain}, and the HOLIDAYS!!!!!

This weekend my very busy busy DH pushed himself to his limit installing a wood floor and finished in one day, so that he could go with us to the pumpkin patch the next day, he's such a good daddy. It wasn't just any pumpkin patch now, it was the PUMPKIN FESTIVAL in Half Moon Bay! In which they were boasting of all things pumpkin flavored, arts, crafts, a Starbucks kiosk in the middle of the street, pumpkins and other stuff too.

Well, we had company this weekend and it proved to be really hard to tear ourselves away from their sweet sweet baby - I mean - wonderful conversation, so we got a LAAAAATE start. On a normal day, Half Moon Bay is probably 2-3 hours away-ish. On a weekend when they are having their FAMOUS pumkin festival and there is only ONE way in and ONE way out, it took us over FOUR HOURS. The last HOUR was spent on a 10 mile stretch of one lane highway going over the hills. We left at noon. 12 + 4hours = HELLA LATE.

So as we FINALLY come into town and smell the sweet mixture of salty sea air and the trees that only grow on the coast, we see the pumkin patch to end all pumpkin patches. It is so big that it takes up BOTH sides of the highway! They have to stop traffic in order to let people cross to the other side {i.e. 1 hour to go 10 miles}. But I kid you not, it was the most elaborate, decorated, awesome pumpkin patch I have EVER seen. So we went muddin' through the parking lot and headed in...



Terrible Two found and latched on to a pumkin right away. In fact she carried this pumkin EVERYWHERE ALL DAY. It was little and cute though and she kept saying "bukin - BUUUUKIN!" if we tried to take it away ;-)



We just had the two kids this weekend, which I must say, made things A LOT easier! It gets so overwhelming trying to keep four kids occupied/happy/out of trouble/fed/in line that it just wasn't any fun. So we alternated our weekends with each set. We have Little Man one weekend, the girls the next, and Terrible Two all the time. We also have them all during the week to so they still get to be together, but not so much so that they fight all the time. Thus far, WORKING OUT GREAT!


See, even with only 3 subjects I just can't seem to get them all smiling and looking at the camera at the same time - it's the rule of 3's I think ;-)


Little Man picked out a great pumpkin for himself

and then helped us find a few more. Then he played in the jumpy houses, tried to go in the haunted house but went through the haunted hall way instead, and then we realized that THIS was NOT the pumkin festival . . . so we packed up to go find it!

Eventually we did. However, the festival appearently went until 5:00pm as we got there at 5:05 and they were all but GONE. :-( I was a little upset.



But we walked around a little, I LOVE Half Moon Bay, and got a pumkin cookie. Again, the rule of 3's prevailed in the picture above...

After we were done pouting - I MEAN - having a great time at the pumkin festival, we attempted to leave, and saw a longer line of traffic than when we waited to ENTER the city. So we decided it was time to eat! We went to a cute little English pub right on the coast. It was ok, the picture here shows the highlight of the meal. But in any case, when we left 45 minutes later, traffic was GONE. We made it home in 2 hours . . . TWO HOURS! That's what I end up spending on the road 2-3 mornings a week just getting my kids to school! {I pick them up from their dad's house} So knowing that, I'd love to spend more time there, I am a beach bum at heart. Glad my hubby is too :-D

Actually, in about 4 weeks we have a weekend away planned for our anniversary to Monterey! Wow, it's only 4 weeks away now! We've been planning it since JUNE!!!! That is when I had to book our babysitter - she's a busy girl ;-) And she and her wonderful new hubby have agreed to watch my heathens - I MEAN - girls :-D so we could actually have a WEEKEND ALL TO OURSELVES!!!!!! We've only had two nights alone since our baby was born 2 1/2 years ago, one of them was our wedding night. And I know some people don't even get that much, but for us and our situation, it's EXTREMELY important that we have our couple time. We NEED that time to just be together and be a couple and remember what it was that made us fall so much in love in the first place and why we want to work so hard to stay together. SO, 4 weeks baby!!!!! w00t!

TNT!

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Wow! It looks like you had a great time! I had to giggle that you were in the wrong place though the 'wrong place' looks like it was great! I can't believe how long Terrible Two's hair is getting, she's growing up so fast! You all look great and like you're having fun! Glad you'll get to go down more often. And w00t! for the weekend away for the anniversary!
    Heather said...
    wow looks like you had a great time even if you missed the festival.
    Love weekends away, we just had one too.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.