Well, kinda. More like venting to you - oh gracious internet - so I don't blow up at my husband who really is doing the BEST he can with the oh so limited time he has.
My $5 disposable, high quality, top O the line window cover just fell down. Why? because it was held up with high quality, fancy, blue tape - as it has been for over a month - that's why. As lovely as my new neighborhood is, I don't really want to expose it to the chaos that is the Rockwell household, or me in my underware.
I am also tired of digging for all the kids' clothes in gigantic piles because their dressers are still in the boxes they came in, or half put together taking up space in my beautiful closet!
I also hate looking at the wall where the baseboards should be. When my talented DH installed our tile, it got a little messy, as tile install do. So the walls have thin set and all other manner of crap all over. Plus, the paint stops there, but not in like a line, but in roller strokes.
I also would LOVE to have my beautiful granite counter tops grouted. They have been installed for weeks, sans grout. I am also looking forward to having a backsplash instead of just seeing where the former backsplash was. I can't wait for the grout to be finished on the floors too where it ran out.
And as much as I LOVE dusting, I kinda can't wait for the construction dust not to make my coutnertops and cabinets looks gray.
And as fun as it is to play Count The Nail Holes, I am looking forward to having the trim painted on the door to The Boss's room. I am very glad she now has a door, don't get me wrong, I am super impressed with DH for getting a door for free, installing it, and drywalling it in where there was only an opening before. It's just hard have it stand out cause it's only primered and the nail holes show.
And as fun as it is to hear "Oh hun, just wait and let me do it MY way" {read: the RIGHT way} I hate hearing it everytime I ask where the hammer is. Or the paint. Or the GROUT - maybe he's right about that one...
I know, it totally sounds like I am just bitchin up a storm here - 'there goes Bitchy McBitch on another rant about how bad things are - WHATev' - I know, it sounds terrible.I just don't function as well living in chaos. It bothers me to look around and see things half done when I can't FIX them or do anything about it. I have control issues :-D I have many issues, control is a big one though. It bothers me because I am pretty much constantly surrounded by it on a 24 hour basis and can't do anything about it.
Except play Bitchy McBitch. But I don't want to play that with my wonderful hubs because he does work so damn hard and there just aren't enough hours in the day or pain med scrips. So I don't want to vent to him - LUCKY YOU GUYS! :-D Really, I am thinking of him, see how sweet I can be - LUCKY HIM! ;-)
I know moving and settling in takes time, and I know that it WILL all get done at some point, I just need to find the patience to wait for it. AHHHHHHH self awareness . . .
Also, I really CAN'T complain to him cause there IS stuff I COULD do, I have haven't. There are boxes I could unpack, toys I could put away, rooms I can semi-organize - I just haven't. UH OH - there goes ANY sympathy I just had right?! Again, I tell you - oh lucky internet peeps - cause you can't make me do NUTHIN! - HA! ;-)
Ok, rant/vent session over for today. I appreciate any and all support and will accept any and all comments of support - comments of 'get over yo damn self' = DELETE. :-D
TNT!
Labels: My Venting, Rockwell Manor
I can empathize with the unpacking, organizing & decorating - right there with ya girl! There comes a point when it's livable and then you hit a wall - I think I'm close to that wall myself. I for one am so excited to see pictures of YOUR house with YOUR stuff in it - even if there aren't baseboards yet. And I can totally understand the frustration of waiting for someone else to finish something that you can't (or aren't 'allowed') to do. Maybe if you unpack a box or organize a space each day and he sees the progress you are making he'll be motivated to do something each day too. And even if he doesn't at least you'll be able to vent/gripe to the internet without adding the disclaimer of what you have/haven't been doing. I wish you sanity girl! And progress!