Now mind you it IS only the 3rd week, but still!

Today I went to a matinee with some chicks to see "27 Dresses". It was the funniest movie I have seen in a LOOOOONG time.

Typically I don't care much for chick flicks. That is, if said chick flick is sappy-weepy-bring-your-tissues kinda movie. I guess the only reason this was considered a chick flick is because, well, the main character is a chick. Is that the only qualification? Does ANY movie featuring a girl HAVE to fall under that category?

Let me just say, Katherine Heigl is a brilliant comedic actress. I loved her Knocked Up, but in this movie she really proves her talent for comedic timing. Everything from her facial expressions, tone, emotion - ALL OF IT - was just FUNNY.

And I am a sucker for funny.

I laughed so hard in some places I might have peed ... just a little. Don't worry, I have super mom powers so I was ok. Now, I will give you that the plot was a LITTLE predictable, and of course you kinda knew how things would play out ... but for me, that didn't matter, it was funny and made me laugh.

The matinee was only $6.50 and I only got a soda ($3.something) and shoved about 15 Halloween suckers into my purse - thank goodness for cheap neighbors! And I could not have enjoyed myself more folks, it was the best afternoon :-D And I must say, I think I now have a NONsexual crush on Katherine Heigl - she.is.awesome.

SOOOO, if you are in the mood to laugh your pants off, bring a some wetness protection and head STRAIGHT to your local 27 Dresses! You will be glad you did. And take your man, if he knows funny, he will appreciate this movie too. If you have seen or will see it, let me know what you thought! Unless you hated it, then I don't to hear your blaspheming!

Til Next Time!

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    I'm SO glad you got out with friends to see a movie you enjoyed so much! 27 Dresses is going on my netflix queue :D Oh and I think a chick flick is any movie that a guy doesn't typically want to see - I'm sure this one qualifies on a surface level. If it's funny then why wouldn't they like it? Another movie I liked Katherine Heigle was Loves Long Journey - it's a four series set. You should watch. OH and I can give you a WHOLE list of chick flick movies you should watch. ;)
    Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...
    I haven't even heard of it! I'll have to look into it now!
    Kellie said...
    Hi, just cruised in from your comment on my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

    I had to comment on this post! SO stinkin' cute! I went this week with a bunch of gals too and we loved it!! It's on my "I'm buying it the day it comes out on DVD list"! And can I ask...how cute is James Marsden anyway? I fell in love w/him in Hairspray and all over again during the Benny and the Jets scene!

    Great movie! Good call!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.