Well HEY THERE TAT! Long time no see! It's been awhile since I last TAT'ed but it's also been awhile since I had something to TAT about! {or remembered to TAT anyway ;-)}

So I have been back in the scrapping rhythm lately but still haven't had dug out all of my stuff since the move. It was in 3 different places, 40 different pockets and bags, and I just didn't feel ... together. So this weekend my daughters and I decided to scrap. We used to pull out all the stuff every so often in the old house, but this would be the first time in the new house. So we went out for supplies and snacks, came back and while the baby napped we got to work!

So the girls settled in, and I got my pictures out. I looked at them, looked at my pile of misc stuff, looked at my pics again and was stuck. My OCD would let me go no further. And so it began.

This is where it started. Wow, just look at the chaos ... I know ... I feel the same way. Do you see that PILE o PAPERS on the chair in the back?! And the stickers! My God the stickers! There were letters of every color all mixed together! It was wrong ... so very wrong.

But THIS is what I ended up with :-DDDDDD Totally worth the SEVERAL hours it took. I organized by color all my loose papers into that paper holder, went through my ahem MANY slabs/packs, sorted all my letters by color in these nifty little blue file folders {$1 at Target y'all}, the purple file folders are for all my stickers/embelishments sorted of course by subject. And in the clear tubs {$1 at Dollar Tree!} are my ribbons in one, chipboard letters {seperated by color in sandwich baggies} in another, another for stamps and adhesive, and one for flowers and other stuff that was too bulky for file folders.

I embrace my {slightly} obsessive need for organization.

Because this is where it gets me :-D Look at the PRETTIES!

And my work here is done. Now I am off to create! And organize! And look into therapy because this all made me very giddy :-D

NOW! If you'd like to find more TAT'ers like me check out The Lazy Organizer!

10 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Oh girl! You have SO much stuff, I don't think I've ever seen it all sprawled out like that. You did a great job at organizing and containing it all. Looks great! Wanna come do mine now? I don't have so much stuff so it won't take NEARLY as long I'm sure. Just a short flight away... ;)
    Mrs. O said...
    Oooo, I heart the organization, and your Dollar Tree has way better stuff than mine.
    Jen @ JenuineJen said...
    It always feels so good to get scrapping stuff organized. I seem to explode when I scrap and then I have to go back and reorganize everything. Good for you for your accomplishment!
    Anonymous said...
    It looks great!
    Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...
    Holy Cow! That is a huge accomplishment! Seeing that makes me want to start scrapping again...
    Jennifer said...
    Oh wow, look how organized you are. I haven't been able to scrap in months because I just have no desire to get organized. Good for you getting it done!
    Anonymous said...
    Great job! I am always struggling to keep all of my scrapping stuff together and organized.
    Ter said...
    ooooh, when are ya coming here to organize me?

    We don't have a dollar tree here... *pout*
    Anonymous said...
    Looks great! Don't you love that feeling of having it all together?
    Anonymous said...
    That looks great! Good for you. I really have to get back to scrapping...if I can only stop blogging...

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.