This is my first post for Sunday Scrappin' hosted by Amy! I LOVE all things scrappy and have been pretty creative lately so I thought it would be fun to share some of the projects I got done this week. The rules are that you answer the questions posed at her blog in your post. The first are your TA-DA's for the week:

OK, disclaimer here - THIS is actually a gift I just received in the mail from my VERY clever, creative and wonderful best friend :-D I love her can! Well, MY CAN! It matches the colors in my bedroom so pretty so I think I'm going to use it as decor in there - I LOVE IT!


This is a nicer {read: CLEAR} shot of it, it has our family's name on it and the cutest details and embelishments!


OK, THIS one is MY TA-DA! I just made if for a friend of mine down here and I plan to put a gift certificate in it and give it out ... sometime before next Christmas ... hopefully ;-) I am thinking of redoing the green ribbons on the side with a darker green, what do you think?


And this is another gifty for another best friend! I wouldn't normally be posting her gift before I mail it off to her, but I don't think she'll be reading this since her youngest baby is in the hospital again. She's so sweet and is going through SO MUCH right now! If you get a chance, and are so inclined, pray for her little man, and for her and her family to have the strength to get through this.

NOW for the TO-DO's:

This week I want - NO - NEED to get my other 2 paint cans done! Yeah, I am a little slow when I don't have a solid deadline **slaps naughty little hand!** so that is my priority. I would also LOVE to get some ACTUAL scrapping in! I just found a scrappy buddy here close so I think that will help me get my butt in gear! I have all the photos, I have all the supplies, I have {some} time - WHAT am I missing? Motivation perhaps, or maybe accountablity! I think I might use this Sunday Scrappin as my motivation to get back to work! YAY ME! ;-)

And the BONUS question:

Brand name supplies vs. just about anything that will stick to a page = I fall into category 2, for sure. I love the brand name stuff and enjoy getting a good deal on it, but I also heart the dollar aisle at Target ;-) {and Michaels, and Joann's and Walmart and sometimes even the dollar store} I gotta mix my love for shopping and getting great deals with my love of scrapping, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :-D

Well that's it for me! To check out more creativity check out Amy's Sunday Scrappin'!

10 Comments:

  1. Amy said...
    Great SS post, thanks for joining us! I love your paint cans. I received one a little while back from someone, but I haven't tried any myself yet. I need to get motivated, too-- that's exactly why I started this meme! :)
    Sarah said...
    Hello. Great post. I really enjoyed seeing your cans. Where do you get them? I noticed they are clear? I like the light green ribbon on the one, don't change it :) I have been enjoying altering clipboards lately, see my slide show on the right on my blog, and some tins but no paint cans yet.
    God bless,
    Sarah
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/OhioSarah
    Anonymous said...
    Those are sooo pretty Christine!
    Just Me :) said...
    Those are great paint cans!! I really want to try one of those. Maybe I will have to make that one of my to-do's. :) Where did you find the clear paint can? I like the light green ribbon. :)
    Anonymous said...
    Glad to see another person joining SS! Your paint cans rock! I definitely like the light green in place of a darker green! Makes it more cheerful, I think. Hope to see you back again next week!
    Rebecca said...
    Girl...I started wondering when I saw the can I gave you up there. ;) Glad you love it so much! And I hope you find an actual use for it, you'll have to let me know what you end up keeping in there. I love your paint cans too!! I wish we were closer and get all paint can crazy together. But this is still fun. I also like the light green ribbon, so keep it just like it is and get it to your friend before Valentines ;) BTW I hope your friend knows just how LUCKY she is to scrap with you. I'll try to join in on this scrappy sunday stuff next week!
    Sherry said...
    Oooohhhh... pretty!! :) I guess I spoiled the surprise by peeking... THANK YOU SO MUCH! LOVE IT! IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL and SO ME! Wow, I'm impressed and there are so many places I'm thinking I can display it.

    You don't know it, but I started on something crafty for you for Christmas and it flopped :( Guess I'm out of practice, but at least I'm willing to admit it, right? ;) I will try again though, so maybe I'll have something to bring out with me when I come visit - hopefully in the spring - YAY!

    And thank you for the prayer requests. Our little guy is doing much better - home at last, where he belongs.

    Happy crafting! Wish I could have fun being creative with you. If I find the time, maybe I'll do some SS posts, too. Miss ya. :)
    ChrissyM said...
    Thanks for joining. I like your paint cans. Also I love the shirt you are wearing in your blog picture (He Hunts I shop) I love it and noticed it right away! LOL!

    Chrissy
    Anonymous said...
    Nice, I like how you tied the ribbon on the bottom one. I will have to remember that for my future :o)
    Ter said...
    Oh they are so cute! Tell me more about how the project is done?

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.