Well as my first post of the new year I am doing a list, not because I don't love you all but because my house is TOTALLY out of order, so is my checking account, and there is a STACK of Christmas pictures callin my name. SO LUCKY YOU GUYS!!!

There is this cute lil bloggy carnival thingy over at Musings of a Housewife and I thought it would be fun {and not as overwhelming as trying to post all my New Years pics} so go on over there and check out the other lazy - I MEAN - LISTY chicks like me :-D

Things I Love RIGHT NOW...

1) I love that our family is having a healthy and happy start to 2008, and I acknowledge how lucky we are.

2) I love that my hubby is back at work...not to say I don't miss him, but 4 days with him home is a LOOONG TIME my friends.

3) I don't have to get the kids ready for school each morning at the butt crack of dawn. and yet I AM SOOOO HAPPY that in only 4 days they will be back in school and out of my hair - I MEAN - enriching their brains with the knowledge and experiences only public school can provide.

4) I love that I already have supplies and now pictures to get going on my scrapping, and that I found a fellow scrap addict to be up with until the wee hours of the morn.

5) I love being able to keep in touch with my best friend via instant messanger since she moved to the other side of the world - or may as well have ;-)

6) I love that the holidays are over and I can ATTEMPT to get things back to normal, or that I at least have no more excuses not to TRY.

7) I love that I finally set up the kids's rooms better and they LOVE playing in them! And that they are upstairs :-D

8) I love where we live. We've been talking a lot lately of how different things are, we are, having moved to the new house and our new town. I just can't even explain how grateful I am for it.

9) I love being content and happy. I am truly happy with almost everything in my life. I haven't always been able to say that. And I don't mean that things are perfect because there is no such thing. But I can honestly say that I am happy with my life. I think it's a point of view I have come to embrace, not just a positive attitude or looking for the bright side, but honestly believing that I can't just keep waiting to be happy. You don't always have tomorrow. That may sound morbid, but it just reminds me that I need to be happy with what I have NOW, and if I'm not, then I need to make it happen.

10) I love that both my husband I have the same 'make it happen' attitude. We've been looking back on the last year a lot lately, and we just keep coming back to that. There have been a LOT of opsticles, but we both have the attitude that if we really want it {whatever 'it' is}, we will do whatever it takes to make it happen. Not to say that we don't need help or support - because WE DO! But we just sort of believe that together we can do just about anything! awwwww.... ok /sappy talk ;-)

And so that is my HAPPY LOVE LIST or whatever ;-) and tomorrow I shall post and talk about our most recent holiday and trying to keep 3 kids ages 5-10 awake - and ENTERTAINED - until midnight! Thanks for coming by!

3 Comments:

  1. Musings of a Housewife said...
    Great list! Fun and serious all at once. :-)
    Rebecca said...
    I like your outlook of being content. You are right, we don't always have tomorrow and we don't always have control over our circumstances. But we can control our outlook. I love that we've remained close even though we are far away too. :D

    Oh & yay! for school and work starting back up!
    Liza on Maui said...
    Ha ha! - I am one of those lazy (ahem, listy) ones who did this carnival because it's easy ;)

    Happy New Year :)

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.