Okay, maybe ROCKIN is a BIT strong for our evening, but it was fun! This was the first year New Years fell on a day when we had all the kids so I decided to make it special! I knew that at least 3 of us were pretty capable of makin it to midnight, it was a pick em as to which 3 though.
I went to the store earlier that day for some good ol' kick the year off right bad food! If we we're going to start the new year off healthy and all that, then we were sending 2007 off with a BANG.
Early on the kids were playing and having a good ol time. We made tons of snacks like brie and crackers, baguette with olive oil and parmesan cheese for dippin, and you gotta love that Papa Murphy's is open New Years Eve! Everyone else in town did! Their cheesy garlic-y naughty breadsticks are heaven.
Then we dinned on their lovely cheese pizza and sipped our cider, Terrible Two even sat at the big kid table! Now, the look on my DH's face is not because he is not a fan of the toast, but because this was the 5-hundredth picture I took trying to get it to come out right ;-) Oh how he loves me ;-)
And the toast ... again ... can you FEEL the love?!
But this picture came out pretty darn cute if you ask me :-D
After setting off the noise makers and hootin and hallerin for a bit, we came back in and cracked a lovely bottle of champagne to toast our new year. At 12:05 we threw the kids in bed and had our own little celebration :-D
After going to bed around 2:00 we were a little less than perky when Terrible Two woke up - like normal - at 6:00. But we groggily wandered downstairs and made a lovely and healthy breakfast to start the new year off right - cinnimon rolls! New Year's DAY is still technically the New Years holiday I figured so I didn't have to do anything healthy, productive, or good for me until the next day.
And so we ate Chinese food for dinner. Nothin says a healthy and happy 2008 like peking pork.
But to my credit, I actually DID get a LOT done yesterday. After doing everything I could to keep busy and avoid the stares of the stack of bills and mail I had neglected because 'it's the holidays = NO BAD NEWS!' - I finally broke down.
I tried everything. I invited someone over to scrap with me, she cancelled that morning. I decided to blog, went suprisingly fast. I decided to sort through ALL my photos on the computer and upload ALL the unprinted ones to winkflash and send them out for printing, I was suprisingly close to up to date! So after doing whatever I could, I finally checked the mail and gathered the rest of the mail from the various hiding spots throughout the house. YEAH YEAH I KNOW - NOT the most productive thing to do, but I got through Christmas with all my hair {and sanity} intact, so I call it 'stress management'.
To my suprise things were not nearly as scary as I had feared. And I got all my online and phone call bills paid {and there were A LOT}, organized all my ins and outs in my spreadsheet, went to the bank, mailed off all the checks to all stupid places that are throw backs to the stone age and only accept checks and still had time to read blogs before DH came home.
I know, I amaze myself sometimes.
So today I think I might reward myself with some scrap time. Or some LOST seasons 1 or 2 as I HAVE FOUND THEM ONLINE AND FREE thanks to my BFF who knows my love {read addiction} to the best story ever told. No, I really DONT think that's reaching. I think i'll find a way to combine the two and it shall be good. And there will be joy.
So HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I hope you all had a great beginning! And enjoy much progress and happiness! Thank's for coming by!
Labels: My Family, My Holidays, My PICTURES, My Self
1 Comment:
-
- Rebecca said...
January 3, 2008 at 11:02 PMLooks like you guys had a great New Years Eve! The first picture made me laugh a little though...looks like Christmas, Halloween & New Years all in one. If Easter looks anything like that I'll be a little worried ;) Love all the pictures, and the fact that hubby sat {& smiled!} through 5 hundred thousand of them. Glad you are getting so much stuff taken care of - you'll have to pass some of that productivity on to me next week k? Hope you had fun getting LOOOOOOST and scrapping! Looking forward to seeing your progress on that!