I am having 14 people in my house tonight. My fav aunt and uncle are up from So. Cal and many of our guests tonight have never seen the house. I volunteered to make cakes because we are celebrating two birthdays tonight and I have NO extra money to buy cakes.

So as I am upstairs cleaning EVERYTHING with mass amount of bleach *did I mention that my aunt is an admitted germ-a-phob?* I find that I needed something from downstairs ...

I come down to find Lil Miss in the kitchen ...

Quiet ...

And with a VERY GUILTY LOOK on her face ...

Then I see this ...


Those are tiny Lil Miss pick marks. And as I ran down the stairs shreaking OHMYHOLYCRAPWHATDIDYOUDOTOMY*CAAAAKE*?! everyone with in ear shot ran for cover.

Well ... I don't really know what I'm doing or what I WILL do, but here's what we have so far ...


What's left of my cake. Pray ... not for me ... or for my cakes ... but for the quick healing of my child behind should my attempts to "super glue" the cakes into form with frosting, fail.

Egh ... tune in tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion! LOL

I have to laugh ... or else I'd CRY ... and drink ... but that's later ;-)

3 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Oh wow girl. And you're right about everyone within earshot running for cover. Except for me it was more like trying to silently laugh as not to upset you more. I feel for you but just couldn't hold back the laughter, I'd expect you to do the same if tables were turned. ;) Looks like you've got a GREAT solution of cutting the disheveled ends off - gee WHO could have given you that idea. ;) Hope all works out!! ><
    Veggiemomof2 said...
    Must have been SOOOOO good that a nibble just wasn't enough :)
    HDMac said...
    Oh... I am sorry, I have to giggle..... Bless your heart... kids... gotta love them...

    I have a developmentally disabled daughter.... Years ago when she was little, I had baked a cake for a church potluck.... I had to leave the kitchen for a moment.. probably to go to the ladies room... I came back in just in time to see her grab a huge handful of the cake and stuff in her mouth! ... Too late to make another one!... I had to glaze it and I made a little flag for the caved in site... that said "Lissa was here.".....

    I hope you had a great time with your aunt and uncle!

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.