My Dearest Garbage Disposal,

Did I not treat you right? Was it the used coffee filters that did you in? Or was it the barage of wee Polly purses and shoes over the last year that just broke your spirit ... I know it does mine.

I must say though, garbage disposal, you abandoned me at a very inopportune time. I have come to rely on you ... dare I say ... DEPEND on you. You have seen me through many a sticky situation. I know you must remember the day I cleaned out all the tupperware in the fridge. What would I have done with all that leftover whoknowsWHATthisisanymore without your help? And what about all the times you got rid of the fish head and bones DH left in the sink? WHERE would I have been with out you THEN?! I shudder to think...

And I think we all remember the Great Cake Debate of '08. Couldn't have done it without you ... well, I could have ... but it would have taken a few minutes longer.

What I'm trying to say is that you have become my constant. I always thought I could depend on you to take care of the stinky nasty messes that I just didn't want to deal with. And then you just gave up on me. After only a year. You gave up on me and our "I make the mess, you clean it up" relationship.

I shall miss you, garbage disposal. After 2 years without a garbage disposal, I really loved and appreciated every minute I had with you. I shall miss you.

4 Comments:

  1. Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...
    poor baby!
    mine broke when rocks from the fish tank went down it. apparently that's bad...
    ;-)
    Rebecca said...
    LOL :D Sorry about your disposal, I couldn't imagine life without mine!
    Anonymous said...
    hey! thanks for the kind comments on my blog! of course you can use my idea! it was so easy!!! let me know when you post pix of yours! i would love to see it!
    Anonymous said...
    My garbage disposal just died too. Must be a conspiracy! The new one arrived today and I just need to wait for DH to install it.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.