Well ... she didn't make it. Well ... she made it to the garbage disposal.

I tried to save the afore mentioned cake ... but it went from bad to worse when I tried to super glue it together with frosting.

Who knew?!

The OTHER cake however DID make it to the table! My uncle was the guest of honor and I wanted to make him something special. His favorite cake is German Chocolate. HIS cake (the one on the left in the pic - as if you couldn't tell ;-) survived and was iced and set out for all to partake in.

I think I have about 93% left. But really I can't say much, I didn't have any either. Coconut just AIN'T my thing.

The party was fun though. WAY better than I anticipated. My whole family hadn't been together in ... well ... none of us could remeber how long ... so ... a pretty long time. There are reasons for that mind you.

A snippet of the many convos heard in midst of the chaos:

  • childhood tramas that have 40 years worth of embelishments on them
  • religion, ranging from the side of devout Mormons to Atheists
  • stories told for the 9-HUNDREDTH time
  • OH and of course, politics - most heatedly, gay marriage

But regardless of our differences and issues that most families have, we all got along and had a pretty fun time.

The fun, of course, was in proportion to the amount of liquor on hand ;-) But HEY! When you're in OUR family and only get together every 10 years or so ... I think it's allowed.

2 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    The cake looks great! Glad you had a fun time. =]
    Kathie said...
    Cake looks good to me!
    Blessings from Costa Rica

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.