Ok, this is the LAST backdated post ... for October ... lol I do appologize for the amount of OCDness lately, I'm trying to get rid of me MySpace page and I have all of these pics up THERE with the stories. And because I'm pretty sure I won't be scrapping this stuff for QUITE some time, I don't want to forget the details before I get to journal.

So that's the story :)

So it was October and I was LOVING the fallness of things and the decor was just pretty and I don't remember WHY exactly, but I felt inspired to have a lovely old fashioned tea party!

OH, I remember. I was going through boxes and found my grandmother's china tea set and my daughters OOOOH'ed & AAAAAH'ed and I thought how SWEET it would be to get all dressed up and have a tea party with my little ladies :)


And it WAS! We got all dressed up and invited a friend and her daughter over.

I set the table with my grandmother's china and set out some tea party like yummies. We had banana bread, finger sandwiches cut in pretty shapes like butterflies and flowers, and some yummies cookies! I mad a great sweet tea and put it in my grandmother's pretty glass pitcher.

It was QUITE the party :)

For the little ones, I had some plastic cups and saucers and they did suprisingly well! Lil Miss is only 3

and her friend was only 2! We were all very classy ... as illustrated here by the boogie show

My lil Princess LOVED the whole thing! The tea, the goodies, the dressing up ... she was right at home.

Tween also enjoyed it. I think it was the grown up factor that she really loved. She loves feeling like one of the ladies and she does well with it at her young age of 11.

My friend and I really enjoyed it as well.

Sometimes it's just fun to get all gussied up and be girly and enjoy the whole experience of being a woman, young or not-so young ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.