Oh my word.
You should SEE my calendar for May and June ... it's CRAZY! There is SO much going on!
I jokingly call this Birthday Season, but it really stands for all of those celebratory events that seem to happen more often in the summery months. May-Aug is crazy around here not only with birthdays, baby showers, mother's/father's days, wedding showers and weddings, but also with the end of the year school stuff too!
I started off May with a baby shower for my sweet friend Sarah :)Her hubby asked if we needed him to take a picture for us ... I was like "um ... thanksbutno :)" If there's one thing ... and there may only BE one thing ... that I do well, it's take pictures of myself ;)
This is one of the gifts I made for them :) I LOVE making stuff for my friends! He is an RPM instructor at my gym, (that's how they met in fact!) and I thought this would be SO cute for his new lil man to wear. I'll post the rest of the stuff I made on my other blog soon!
Then there was Mother's Day Weekend. I wish the rest of Mother's Day had gone well but it was just ok. And there are no pictures because I was not in a very good mood LOL.
Thursday we had minimum days and Open House at the girls' school. It was SO cute to see Lil Miss's first class room :) Though it started out with some drama when she got stuck in the bathroom during recess for 20 minutes and no one knew she was gone!!! She recovered quickly though, she's a trooper :) And she was SO proud to show us the projects that decorated her classroom. The older girls went with their dad for the night so DH, Lil Miss and I went to a little mexican place since he & I hadn't had dinner yet. Over chips and salsa we talked about all the craziness you see on Open House. In short ... we talked a lot of shit LOL
This weekend we had TWO birthday parties to go to! The first was for the above mentioned friend's little girl. She had the party at this gymnastics studio and OMG ... best party ever!The kids all went off with these 2 girls who ran the party and the parents could stay in the little chairs area and just ... talk! and hang out! while the kids were having the time of their LIVES! It was so fun! They got to play in the gym stuff for an HOUR and then we went to the party room and had cake/did presents.
All of the kids had the BEST time! Which was cool because it was fun for the little kids as well as my big ol 13 year old! She LOVED the part where you run as fast as possible and jump into a pool filled with foam LOL
I'm seriously thinking about having a combo party for the girls there, it would be SOOOOO worth the money :)
Then on Sunday morning we were off to another party! My friend Charlie's little boy turned 5 and they had a party at Boomer's, which is like an arcade/laser tag/mini golf/go-cart type place. We got there and had pizza and cake and then it was time to GET IT ON ...Flower Child was ready for some laser tag.
Teen was too ... although she kinda just looked like she worked at Target.
Do you FEEL all the sisterly love?!
I asked Lil Miss what she would like to do with her tokens and she just about peed when I mentioned miniature golf so we went and did that while the older girls shot each other.
And apparently she's not hip to this whole LOOKING AT THE CAMERA thing.
That, or she wants to see how many pictures I will actually take before I just give up.
You have much to learn about me, grasshopper ...We had fun though. I would love to tell you the score of our game but since I didn't have enough space on the form to add 3 digit numbers, I stopped keeping score ;)
And besides, miniature golf is more about sight seeing than actually PLAYING golf, right?
Lil Miss just enjoyed hitting something with a stick and really could care less if she was in China ...
or a land far far away :)
No matter where she is, her threshold for picture taking is surprising low considering she's MY child ;)
This week we have a kindergarden graduation, a choir concert, awards nights, a graduation party, 2 birthday parties (and another we couldn't go to!) plus the Chocolate Festival :) I would probably pass on that last one except well ... ALL THE CHOCOLATE COVERED EVERYTHING.
Should be a great week though! All of this on top of the gym, gift making, and normal house stuff should keep my busy, which is nice because it keeps my mind off of other stuff that's not so great, so a little (or a LOT) distraction will be good for me :)
Hope you all have a great week too!
Labels: My Drama, My PICTURES