This weekend we got to go to a sleep over!
But first ...We went to a bar! LOL
We were going to have ALL FOUR KIDS this weekend and heaven knows we needed to do some preparing for that. So Friday night, after the 3 younger kids were asleep, we let Teen come down and watch TV and we grabbed a cab and headed downtown.
I can not TELL YOU how awesome it is having Teen around :) In more ways than one OF COURSE. But lately we've been using her for her babysitting capabilities and it has just been AMAZING. We get a little time out of the house to dress up cute, get a drink or 2, and just be a couple :)
So it helped us to start the weekend off as a united front against the 4 small people who seek to destroy my sanity ... LOVE YA'LL :)
My good friend Rachelle that I've known since we were little was having her sweet little girl's 3rd birthday party this weekend and since we live about 2 hours away, she invited us to stay the night after the party.So after Lil Miss & I got back from the gym, we all piled into the car (Teen was at a birthday party sleep over of her own) and headed out.
The car ride itself was pretty good, they all had their gameboys'n such and besides the occasional "STOP DOING THAT!" and "I DON'T CARE IF SHE'S LOOKING AT YOU". But we expect that.
The party was lovely and we had a great time. I would just LOVE to show you what I made for her gift but I didn't take a picture of it finished >:-/After most of the guests left the REAL party started ;) The kids played in Amelia's room and were pretty content for awhile.
Rachelle & sweet baby Della :)
Me and sweet baby Della :)
Lil Miss can't pass a camera without wanting to get in on the action, even though she refuses to look at the camera lol
So they ran and played outside
and enjoyed the joy that only a Little Mermaid Big Wheel can provide :)
They had a great time outside while the adults had a great time INSIDE ;)
We had pizza for dinner and FINALLY got the sleeping situations figured out.
I think they were awake for about 2.5 seconds once their heads hit the pillow. They were SO cute and SO excited about their sleepover that they just were just exhausted and fell right asleep lol
My and my honey :) A couple friend of theirs stayed for the after hours party and the 6 of us told jokes, laughed til our sides hurt, and MAY have had a cocktail ...
or 2 ... or 3 ;)
It was then that we discovered Rachelle's strange cravings not only include cartons of butter, but also eating lemons with spoons :) Teen was very excited to find out that she is not the only one who enjoys a good lemon.
It was so nice out that night that we decided to go outside and enjoy the fire pit.
And roast some hot dogs ... if there had been marshmallows, it would have been HEAVEN. We stayed up and talked and laughed and drank some more til like 12 or 1 or something like that. Then woke up BRIGHT AND EARLY at 6:45 with the wee people who can't seem to understand that whole DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NONSENSE.
But she sure looks cute, it's a good thing, let me tell you. Cause ain't much gonna save you at 6:45 in the morning when mama's been up drinkin til 1am cept those dimples of hers lol
OH OH!! There it is!! I made her this super cute little coloring tote. On one side it has a place for a coloring book, and on the other side it has spots for coloring crayons. On the front I stenciled her name :) She seemed to really like it so that made me pretty happy.
Then it was bout time to hit the LOOOONG road home. So we started saying our good byes ...
there were a LOT of goodbyes to go around ...
a LOT ...
And an hour later we were ON OUR WAY. LOL ;)
On the way out of town, we passed by a place we'd heard a thing or two about so we decided to stop in.
The place was pretty cute, had bears and bear related things everywhere lol.
The kids had already eaten so we set them up with some coloring items and they were happy.
Or maybe it was the juice ... for $2.50 EACH they must have had some booze in em.
Lil Miss now demands the camera every time I start taking pics, she's getting pretty good at taking them, I gotta admit!
After breakfast we hit the road as we fought the urge to slip into a bacon induced coma. It was a LONG ride letmetellyou. We had high hopes of going to the Chocolate Festival that afternoon, I mean, it IS the CHOCOLATE Festival after all. But when the Hubs turned on my SUPER FAVORITE SHOW EVER 'I Almost Died A Horrific Death But Didn't So I'm Going To Tell You AAAAALL About It' ... or "I Survived" for short ... I embraced the coma and took a 2 episode long nap.
We didn't make it to the festival and I missed out on all the chocolatey goodness of CHOCOLATE ALLEY :( But that's ok, I'll just bank those calories and do it up DOUBLE next year ;)
It was a fun weekend and I'm so glad we were able to make it down for the party since they're moving to Texas next year :( Guess we'll just have to find excuses to get together more before they do!
Labels: My Friends, My PICTURES