Tuesday was Lil Miss's Kindergarden graduation ceremony :) There was a patriotic theme and the kids were to dress in red, white or blue so I decided to join in too.

Oh my little BABY!

I can't believe how grown up she looks!

I meant to get a picture of her with her teacher, but was busy messing around with my new camera and trying to decide whether I like it or not ... jury is still out :-/

We drop the kids off to class at 8am but the program didn't start til 8:30 so I went down to the cafeteria to wait for a seat. It wasn't set up yet so DH and I waited politely off to the side. Well ... other people were not so polite. Nor did they recognize or CARE that *I* was there FIRST and *I* was GOING to get my seat in the FRONT so I could record my baby growing up before my very EYES.

Let's just say it was a good thing that I'm fast and didn't wait for them to finish setting up chairs. If I had, I would've had to knocka bitch back ... holdin a baby or not.

Anywho ... so the ceremony went off without a hitch.

They were ADORABLE and they sang This Land is Your Land ...

You're a Grand Ol Flag ...

and my favorite, Gold Bless America ...

Which is about Fairies ... in case you didn't know.

I always thought it was "from the mountains ... to the prairies ... "

According to Lil Miss ... "It SAYS 'from the mountains ... to the FAIRIES' MOM ... *SIGH*" LOL

And now I have that stuck in my head ... again.

Her teacher Mrs. Oliveira handing out the "I Survived Kindergarden" certificate :)

She was SUPER proud!

After that she went back to class and I GTFO as I tend to do as soon as is possible.

Not that I don't love spending time with her, I DO, but the few hours a day that my tax dollars pay for I'M GOING TO USE THEM.

And a classroom full of FORTY 5 YEAR OLDS?! ARE YOU KIDDING?! I said PEACE and took off runnin for the car ;)

The girls all had a minimum day so after lunch we celebrated with some cookies and a movie :)

As much as I love her growing up, I still can't believe how FAST it's happening. I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute of it :)

1 Comment:

  1. Rebecca said...
    Yay Lil Miss! She is growing up so fast.

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.