Is it just me, or is May like the busiest month EVER?!

After the double birthday parties of last weekend, this week was filled with end of school stuff. Tuesday was Lil Miss's kindergarden graduation and then Thursday Flower Child had her Spring Choir Concert and Teen had her Awards Night! They were at the EXACT same time so their dad and I had to flip a coin to see who went to which performance ... since they both wanted me ;)

Teen won :)

So my Flower Child went off to her Concert without me :( And looking at this picture, please know that I DID try to convince her to dress up a little more but she was SURE that she looked perfectly choir-y so I let it go.

DH, Lil Miss & I met Teen at her school for their awards ceremony :) My baby's growing up so fast! She's as tall as I am! She's such a sweet amazing young woman and I'm so proud of her :)

I brought Lil Miss the game boy so she would have SOMETHING to do as we sat for what I anticipated to be a VERY LONG HOUR or calling kids names I don't know and clapping until our hands ached. I was right lol

The hubs and I :)

Teen and her friends.

She received honors in BOTH years of school, and CJSF honors! CJSF - Cali Junior Scholorship (Sp?) Federation. I AM SOOOO PROUD OF HER :) She even gets a gold tassel to wear with her cap and gown instead of the normal color ;)

Lil Miss did very well, I was pleasantly surprised. She sat and clapped for all the kids and got very excited for them ;)

I'm glad I got to be there :) I was also able to talk to the mom of a friend of hers and help the two girls get past a friendship-ending fight they'd had earlier in the week. It was pretty serious and Teen was just crushed over it. My heart just ACHED for her every time I saw the sadness in her face. Even though they're young, the pain of losing your best friend is just as raw as it can be when you're older.

We were able to talk and hear the other kids side and encourage the girls to talk again and see each others point of view. So when they got back together the next day, she came to me and said "I'm so glad I won you yesterday. If you hadn't been there, Sarah and I wouldn't have made up. We would have missed the summer together and probably not made up next year. So, thank you :)"

MY HEART ... IT JUST MELTED.

I was SO happy that things worked out. I couldn't believe how much it hurt to see her hurting! WAY more than physical pain because I couldn't do anything to help.

And if THIS was bad ... I DO NOT LOOK FORWARD TO BOYFRIENDS >:-/

But at least I helped this time, so there is hope ;)

After the awards, we all met up together at Baskin Robbins to celebrate. I got to hear all about the choir concert and Teen got to tell her dad about her awards. It was nice that we were all able to sit and talk and enjoy them all together. I have the best family, we are all so lucky to have each other :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.