So it's another 105* day today. Which makes me REALLY glad that I couldn't run all the errands I SHOULD have. I have a ton of shopping I need to do but couldn't do it today so I just decided it was going to be a Pool kind of day and be just fine with it :)
You can see how much they minded that ;) My girls are water babies, that's for sure!
So after I went to the gym and forced myself to finish Body Pump (even though I REALLY wanted to leave during the squat track) we went to the pool.
There are some things that aren't the best about Condo living, but I'll tell ya, the pool during the summer MORE than makes up for it! We go early, round 10:30-11, and stay till they whine about lunch. Then it's lunch, showers, and quiet time and that's a day right there :) Not the most EXCITING day ever, but that's ok with me!
I'm so glad to have my girlies home :) They were with their dad for 6 days and I know that a break sounds AWESOME ... and don't get me wrong, IT IS. But 6 days is a LOT when it's not a once in a while thing :-/ Their dad is very involved in their lives (and I couldn't be more grateful for that!) but it's hard to share sometimes ... especially because they are just the best girls I could ask for :)
I love how my oldest plays with my youngest. She is so great with her sisters! She has such a great love for little kids, every body's kids! She would make an amazing preschool teacher, she enjoys little ones so much. She's going to be the kind of mother I always wished I could be and that just makes my heart so happy :)
My grandkids are going to be SO lucky.
Speaking of my youngest ... as I was putting away party stuff from Flower Child's party I had the STUNNING realization that Lil Miss's 6th birthday is NEXT FREAKING WEEK. To say that it snuck up on me is a GROSS understatement :-/
I keep thinking of all of these ideas, finding all of these pictures on other blogs of stuff I want to do. My mind, she is SWIMMING. I keep making list after list and getting so stressed out that I didn't SLEEP the other night after I finally sent out Evites! Seriously, I get a little wigged out :-/
And to make things worse, I usually have someone I can talk to about all of this and she did a great job of helping REIGN ME IN when I get all "OMG AND I WANT TO DO THIS TOO! AND THIS! AND THAT! OH GIRL AND THIIIIS!" but I don't really have that or her anymore and I'm not really sure why or what's going on. Besides the fact that thinking about THAT makes me beyond sad and cry, I'm also having trouble focusing on reigning myself in.
The girls even have a phrase for when I'm dealing with party stuff and I get that LOOK like if I hear one more word my head might EXPLODE RIGHT THERE ... "SHHHHH, Mom's in PARTY MODE" LOL
And they're totally right lol
Hopefully this week I will get to work on party stuff AHEAD of time and not save EVERY LAST THING til the last minute, like I did with Flower Child's Party ;) Cross your fingers for me ;)
Labels: My Family, My PICTURES
My Cali coastline looks a lot like yours, only it's about 40 degrees cooler.
Embrace the sunshine!!